Johannesburg guided walking tour
- Explore Johannesburg the best way we know – by foot!
- Discover multicultural South Africa through the artwork of Ghandi Square
- Admire sweeping views of the city from the top of the Carlton Centre
- Visit a former ‘no go zone’ that’s been transformed into one of the hottest neighbourhoods
Home to the Rainbow Nation, this fast-paced city combines the best of the new South Africa with the country’s rich cultural history, and a great way to discover it all is by foot.
Setting off from Ghandi Square, you’ll take in the impressive statue of a youthful Gandhi and artwork celebrating Jo’burg’s multicultural roots, before moving to the base of the Carlton Centre. You’ll head up to the 50th floor to soak up the views and get the lay of the land before hitting the pavements, strolling down streets lined with both historic and modern buildings.
You’ll then head off to the Maboneng Cultural Precinct to explore what once was a “No Go Zone” but has now been transformed into one of the most vibrant and trendy areas of Johannesburg. You will see with your own eyes just how far South Africa has come since the apartheid regime, when Johannesburg was still considered to be one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Today we are proud to be known as a relatively safe, multicultural city that has a lot to offer visitors.
After exploring Maboneng, you’ll hit Main Street to experience the atmosphere of daily life in Johannesburg. You’ll set our compass back to Ghandi Square where you’ll get local recommendations from your guide before being transferred back to your hotel.
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fee
- Transportation as indicated
- Items of a personal nature
- Drinks and food
- Tips for drivers and guide
- Children 6-11 years: reduced
Pick up from centrally located hotels in Johannesburg. Please provide your hotel informations after booking
- To schedule the hotel pick up you have to contact the local supplier and provide your hotel details. After booking you will receive further information
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Africa. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means covering shoulders and no short shorts. We recommend a mixture of loose, lightweight clothing and warm clothing for the evenings. Shorts should be knee-length. Singlets and tank tops are not suitable
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
- Monday - Saturday at 8.00 am
Ven y descubre la imponente belleza y serenidad del Parque Nacional Pilanesberg. Te embarcarás en un...
Recibes un servicio de recogida en tu hotel para comenzar este interesante y emocionante recorrido p...
Recibirá un servicio de recogida desde su hotel confirmado en Johannesburgo o Pretoria antes de diri...
Descubra el viaje de Mandela y sus experiencias como militante contra el Apartheid hasta su sentenci...
Pase la mañana explorando Johannesburgo, observando los aspectos más destacados de la ciudad, que in...
Si quieres ver la mayor cantidad posible de Johannesburgo de una vez, ¡súbete a los autobuses rojos ...