A one-mile itinerary to discover the hidden treasures of the Rione Sanità.
Walking the Sacred Mile means crossing the Rione Sanità, where people from the south and east of Naples have lived, from the Africans to the Chinese, and where popes, kings and cardinals once passed by in carriages. A place where today the churches are not only art galleries, but houses of welcome, peace and planning.
Here are the stops:
- Catacombs of San Gennaro
- Basilica of San Gennaro extra moenia
- Basilica of Santa Maria della Sanità
- Crypt of San Gaudioso
- Basilica of San Severo Fuori Le Mura
- Chapel of the Bianchi della Giustizia
- 'Figlio Velato' by Jago
- Sanfelice Palace
- Spagnuolo Palace
- The tour ends near Piazza Cavour