Take an exciting 2-hour Downtown Las Vegas guided walking tour of the famous area known as the 'Glitter Gulch!' Roam the iconic Fremont Street as your local guide takes you on a 'walk through time'. Learn how Downtown Las Vegas went from humble outpost to the neon-infused ‘Glitter Gulch’, one of the most pictured and storied thoroughfares in the world, to a modern-day gem of urban renewal and revitalization. Downtown Las Vegas is the home to the legendary casinos, hotels, wedding chapels, top-tier restaurants. You'll discover the history and why Downtown Las Vegas is a vibrant, top attraction in the country today. Area restaurant list and business coupons will be provided for plenty of options following your tour.
Past to present Downtown Las Vegas tour
- Exploration of Fremont Street, also known as the “Glitter Gulch”
- Stories and fun facts about Vegas covered from past to present
- Informative historical tour led by a knowledgeable tour guide
- Chance to pass through Fremont Street Experience & canopy
- The fascinating discovery of revitalized Fremont East and visit Downtown Container Park
- Area tips, tricks, recommendations and discounts to feel like a 'Vegas Insider'
- Guided walking tour
- Tips (optional)
- Children (ages 4-10) reduced
- Infants (ages 0-3) free
1 S Main St. Las Vegas, NV 89101
The tour meets on the city sidewalk directly in front of the Plaza Hotel and Casino on Main Street at Fremont Street. Look for the tour guide wearing a yellow Las Vegas Walking Tours T-Shirt (or a light brown/tan jacket in colder months). If taking a taxi, specify that you're going to Fremont Street and get dropped off in front of The Plaza.
- This tour stops outside of business and establishments to allow for discussion and viewing photos (if applicable) but has no planned excursions inside any establishments (with exception of Union Station site and Downtown Container Park)
- Weather/activity appropriate clothing. It is usually sunny and hot in Las Vegas so dress accordingly
- Tours are offered in English. Fluency in conversational English is recommended to fully enjoy your tour
- Bring a camera, sunscreen, water, umbrella and government-issued ID card. Downtown Container Park requires presentation of 21+ ID card after 9.00pm
- Daily: See calendar