Walk in the footsteps of Harlem’s notable residents associated with the Harlem Renaissance in this Sugar Hill North Harlem tour. Known to be the sweet life of the district, the area garnered its name from African-Americans who moved here in the 20s and 30s. You and your local guide will see the Sugar Hill plateau overlooking upper Harlem developed around the 18th- and 19th-century. You'll get to explore famous individuals such as Alexander Hamilton and Madame Eliza Jumel, whose country houses still stand today as icons to the district. If you're a fan of history and culture, this tour is not to be missed, especially if you're visiting New York for the first time!
Sugar Hill, North Harlem tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Look at historic sites and meet former residences
- Learn about the development of the area of Sugar Hill, North Harlem
- Walk in the footsteps of Harlem’s notable residents associated with the Harlem Renaissance
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Walking tour
- Children (age 8-12)
502 West 142nd Street Ground Level, New York, NY 10031, United States
Harlem One Stop Cultural Tours
What to remember
- This tour may be moderately difficult for the physically challenged
- This is a walking tour, so please wear appropriate clothing and footwear
- This tour focuses on the neighborhood's history that doesn't include a visit to church or music
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Harlem One Stop Inc. dba Explore Harlem Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.