Arizona's first historic road, the Apache Trail is only a few minutes outside of town. The Apache Trail is one of the wonders of the Sonoran Desert. Go panning for gold within the restored ghost city of Goldfield, marvel at the of the Superstition Mountains, take a cruise on scenic Canyon Lake. To start your journey, first be lead you to the Superstition Mountains along the path that guided Apache travelers, stagecoaches, and mountain men. Once you get to Canyon Lake, board the Dolly boat for a 6-mile narrated nature cruise. Look out for bighorn sheep, bald eagles, and a host of other desert animals and unforgettable views of the high volcanic cliffs. Next, your guide can take you to the city of Tortilla Flat, a stagecoach stop that keeps the tradition alive through its architecture. Then make the relaxing return trip to Phoenix.
Excursions & day trips
Apache Trail with Dolly Steamboat day tour from Phoenix
Availability: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Take a comprehensive tour of Page, Arizona and enjoy the natural beauty of Navajo Nation
- Expert Navajo guide to lead you through the majestic slots of Antelope Canyon
- Visit the historic shores of Lake Powell and enjoy lunch in Page
- See the iconic views of the Colorado River on the Horseshoe Bend overlook
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour along Arizona's first historic highway, the Apache Trail
- Dolly Steamboat cruise
- Unlimited bottled water
- Live tour commentary provided in English
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Pick up at most hotels in Phoenix, Arizona. Guests at private residences will be asked to meet at a nearby pre-determined pickup location. All pick-up and drop off locations and times are estimates only and are subject to reasonable change at short notice. Guests with a reservation will receive notification of their precise pick-up time and location between 4.00pm-6.00pm the evening prior to tour departure. Guests will be notified of weather conditions and other suggestions at this time.
What to remember
- Weather appropriate clothing, camera, sunscreen, snacks, government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- A minimum number of guests must be met for this tour. You may be booked on stand by until the tour is confirmed
- Children under the age of 2 are not permitted on the tour
- Safety laws for child seats vary (Please note a child safety seat fee may apply)
- Optional boxed lunch available for an additional 12 USD and can be purchased the morning of in exact change. Choices include Chicken Caesar Salad, Classic Caesar Salad, Fruit/Cheese Vegetable plate, Ham sandwich, Turkey sandwich and Roast Beef. All lunches come with fruit, chips and cookie
DETOURS of Arizona
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience