Spend a day exploring ancient Native American ruins, gorgeous natural formations, and art galleries with original pieces made by local and national artists. The first stop of the day will be at Montezuma Castle National Monument, a Puebloan cliff dwelling, which is built into the rock-covered ridges and is an example of what Sinagua architecture was like from 1250 – 1425 AD. After visiting the national monument, the tour moves into the desert to experience the red-rock geological wonders. See the towering Bell Rock, the Airport Mesa, and also the Chapel of the Holy Cross. This Roman Catholic church was constructed directly into the center of a massive butte. Other possible stops may include Cathedral Rock, Snoopy Rock, and Submarine Rock. Then head toward Sedona, where you can wander through the art galleries and shops.
Excursions & day trips
Sedona Red Rocks and Native American ruins day tour from Phoenix
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 11 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Don't miss the chance to visit an ancient Sinagua Tribe dwelling
- See awe-inspiring rock formations like Bell Rock and Airport Mesa
- Visit the Chapel of the Holy Cross
- Peruse the art galleries and shops in Sedona
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour of the beautiful red rocks of Sedona
- National monument admission fees
- Unlimited bottled water
- Roundtrip transportation to and from most Phoenix and Scottsdale hotels
- Live tour commentary provided in English
What's not included
- Guide gratuity
Pick up at most hotels in Phoenix, Arizona. Guests at private residences will be asked to meet at a nearby pre-determined pickup location. All pick-up and drop off locations and times are estimates only and are subject to reasonable change at short notice. Guests with a reservation will receive notification of their precise pick-up time and location between 4.00pm-6.00pm the evening prior to tour departure. Guests will be notified of weather conditions and other suggestions at this time.
What to remember
- Weather appropriate clothing, camera, sunscreen, snacks, government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- A minimum number of 4 guests must be met for this tour. You may be booked on stand by until the tour is confirmed
- Children under the age of 2 are not permitted on the tour
- Safety laws for child seats vary (Please note a child safety seat fee may apply)
- Optional boxed lunch available for an additional 12 USD and can be purchased the morning of in exact change. Choices include Chicken Caesar Salad, Classic Caesar Salad, Fruit/Cheese Vegetable plate, Ham sandwich, Turkey sandwich and Roast Beef. All lunches come with fruit, chips and cookie
DETOURS of Arizona
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience