Travel the most famous Old West towns with a day tour to the streets of Tombstone. Tombstone is home to the famed OK Corral and lets you experience the lives of outlaws, businessmen, miners, and cattlemen who came to the area for a shot at striking up a fortune on the frontier. While you're at Tombstone, you’ll visit the original spots for outlaws and gunmen, such as Big Nose Kate's Saloon and the Bird Cage Theatre, which earned a reputation as a wicked nightspot between Basin Street and the Barbary Coast. Stepping into the museum at the Tombstone Courthouse, learn about the men who were in charge of keeping the peace in this rowdy town. In typical Wild West fashion, gunfights and stand-offs were a regular happening, and many of the victims were buried at Boot Hill Cemetery, which gained its name for the men who died, and were buried, with their boots still on. On your way back, visit the White Dove of the Desert; one of the Southwest's best-preserved missions at San Xavier del Bac.
Excursions & day trips
Tombstone Arizona and San Xavier Mission Day trip from Phoenix
Availability: Tuesday and Saturday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 12 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Experience the former home of outlaws, businessmen and miners
- Stand on the sites of historic Old West gunfights
- Browse the museum at Tombstone Courthouse
- See lavish craftsmanship at the mission of San Xavier del Bac
- Visit the Historic Big Nose Kate's Saloon and Bird Cage Theatre
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour of Tombstone and the old Spanish Mission, San Xavier del Bac
- Admission to Tombstone Courthouse
- Unlimited bottled water
- Roundtrip transportation to and from most central Phoenix and Scottsdale hotels
- Live tour commentary provided in English
What's not included
- Guide gratuity
Pick up at most hotels in Phoenix, Arizona. Guests at private residences will be asked to meet at a nearby pre-determined pickup location. All pick-up and drop off locations and times are estimates only and are subject to reasonable change at short notice. Guests with a reservation will receive notification of their precise pick-up time and location between 4.00pm-6.00pm the evening prior to tour departure. Guests will be notified of weather conditions and other suggestions at this time.
What to remember
- Weather appropriate clothing, camera, sunscreen, snacks, government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- A minimum number of 4 guests must be met for this tour. You may be booked on stand by until the tour is confirmed
- Children under the age of 2 are not permitted on the tour
- Safety laws for child seats vary (Please note a child safety seat fee may apply)
- Optional boxed lunch available for an additional 12 USD and can be purchased the morning of in exact change. Choices include Chicken Caesar Salad, Classic Caesar Salad, Fruit/Cheese Vegetable plate, Ham sandwich, Turkey sandwich and Roast Beef. All lunches come with fruit, chips and cookie
DETOURS of Arizona
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience