Half-Day Tour from Arras or Lens to Notre-Dame-de-Lorette and Hill 70
- Explore the Ring of Remembrance and Lens'14-18- War and peace history center in Notre-Dame-de-Lorette at your own pace
- Discover another First World War site as Hill 70 Memorial, a monument dedicated to the Canadians troops
- Enjoy comfortable private transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
You will be picked up at the train station or at your hotel and first be driven in an air-conditioned vehicle in Notre-Dame-de-Lorette in order to visit the Ring of Remembrance, the National Necropolis and the Lens'14-18 Centre for the history of war and peace.
After the First World War, the hill of Notre-Dame-de-Lorette was chosen by the French Government to receive the remains of French soldiers from over 150 cemeteries on fronts of Artois, Flanders and Belgian coast. You will discover the Roman-Byzantine Chapel and the Lantern Tower in the middle of the cemetery as well as the Ring of Remembrance, the International Memorial inaugured on 11 November 2014. This ellipse shaped monument is one of the largest memorials in the world, as it brings together 580 000 names presented in alphabetical order without distinction by nationality, thereby uniting friend and foe of yesteryear.
Standing at the foot of the hill of Notre-Dame-de-Lorette, the Lens'14-18- War and peace history center presents the Great War on the soil of the Nord-Pas-de-Calais with many pictures and video.
The last stop will be at the Hill 70 Memorial, a monument dedicated to the Canadians Corps that achieved victory at the battle of Hill 70 in August 1917.
- Meet and Greet
- Round-trip private transportation
- Train station or hotel pick-up
- Comfortable and air-conditioned vehicles
- Bottles of water
- Lunch and food
We will be picked you up at the train station or at your hotel
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- You will set with your driver the time of return
- Visits are free of charge
- The price included 2:30 hours of waiting time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour will have a maximum of 4 passengers
- Closed from 19/07/2019 to 11/08/2019
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...
You will be picked up at the train station or at your hotel and be driven in an air-conditioned vehi...
You will be picked up at the train station or at your hotel and be driven in a comfortable vehicle f...
You will be picked up at the train station or at your hotel and first be driven in an air-conditione...
This year, Santa Claus is spending December 28, and believe that he has a very, very, very nice gift...