Horseback ride and cowboy cookout
- Enjoy a horseback ride
- Have an authentic cowboy bbq
- Enjoy western-style games
Ride along the Bow River while watching for wildlife and enjoying the spectacular scenery to 3 Mile Cabin to enjoy genuine western hospitality and some tasty comfort food. But before digging in, work up an appetite with a few western-style games, like lassoing and horse-shoes. The authentic cowboy bbq includes steak cooked to order, baked potatoes, cowboy baked beans and Caesar salad. A perfect adventure for all ages of the family group.
The meal includes:
- BBQ steak
- Baked potato
- Cowboy baked beans
- Caesar salad
- Lunch buns
- Dessert squares
- Coffee, tea & hot chocolate
After lunch you will ride back to the stables.
- Pick-up from the hotel
100 Sundance Rd, Banff, T1L 1B9
Please meet at Warner Stables, the big red stables located at the end of Sundance Road in Banff. When you arrive, please check-in for your ride at the office in the east barn which has signs for ‘Warner Stables’ and ‘office’.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your tour start time, as you will have to fill out a waiver and get assigned to your horse. The tour will depart at the scheduled time. Please allow ample time to allow for traffic and travel time. No refunds, reschedule based on availability
- Riders need to be 8 years or over and a maximum of 230lbs
- As part of the check-in process, guests may be required to confirm their current weight on a scale and provide proof of the child’s age. In the event that these requirements are not met, the booking will be forfeited without a refund
- Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse
- An understanding of basic English is required, so that you can understand simple instructions from the guides
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them
- For safety purposes helmets are mandatory to be worn by all riders
- Riders must wear sturdy closed toed shoes – no open toe shoes or shoes with big heels
- All adult riders must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any rider under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority)
- Riders must be physically capable of controlling the horse during the ride without assistance and for the health and safety of all riders regrettably no disabilities or special needs can be accommodated
- Please call +1877565-9372 at least 24 hours prior to your tour to advise of any dietary requests
- Mosquito repellant is highly recommended
- 11.30am and 5.00pm
- Operates from May to October
- From the 8th of September to the 5th of October 2020 the 5.00pm ride moves to 4.00pm
On this day tour you'll be picked up from your Banff accommodation and taken along winding mountain ...
You'll enjoy a breathtaking ascent to the pinnacle of Sulphur Mountain for an awe-inspiring 360-degr...
Discover Banff National Park and Johnston Canyon, which is one of its most popular attractions. You ...
Paint Pots are a cultural treasure within Banff's National Park. They are mineral deposits once used...
These stunning alpine lakes look too beautiful to be real. On this sightseeing tour you will visit t...
Ride along the tranquil Bow River - an area home to wildlife in amongst the thick marshes and grassy...