Full-day tour of Juno beach, Abbey d’Ardenne and Hill 67
- A historical insight of Canadian Battles on D-Day
- Reach the Juno sector, its beach & museum as an introduction to the tour
- Chart the story of Canadians through photos, archives & artifacts
- Track the route of the 9th Brigade & commemorate the Bloody Battles of Hill 67
With this full-day D-day excursion, you will get a complete historical insight of Canadian battles during World War II.
You will first reach Juno Beach, where the Canadian Armed Forces landed on the morning of June 6, 1944. From these Normandy battlefield sites, our guide will tell you all the details and how the Allied forces finally managed to keep gaining ground. You will visit the Juno beach center, the only Canadian museum in the D-Day beaches area. There, you will be able to chart the story of Canadians through photos, archives, and artifacts. The museum goes further than just the Normandy battle history and retraces the involvement of Canadian Armed Forces all along World War II. Visitors can also learn more about Canada today.
You will also explore the Abbey d’Ardenne, where Canadian troops were held prisoners by the Germans and executed within the church’s walls.
This Canadian D-Day tour will finally take you to Hill 67, the Canadian Memorial for the troops who fought during the Battle of Normandy.
- Pick up and drop off at centrally located meeting point in Bayeux
- Sites as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking driver/guide
- Transportation in recent, fully equipped compact van
- Free WIFI access on board
- Entrance fees or tasting fees unless mentioned
- Personal insurance & expenses
- Eventual Gratuities for the driver/guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup
- Senior from 65 and above are reduced
- Children from 4 to 12 are reduced
Place du Québec - Bayeux
You will meet your guide on the Place du Québec in Bayeux
- Tour requires minimum of 2 passengers (adults) to operate. In case minimum numbers are not reached we will offer to reschedule or refund your tour
- Tour returns to the departure point
- At lunchtime, your English-speaking guide will point out the best places to eat depending on the location you are at this hour.
- This tour is not suitable for Children under 4 years old
- From April 1st to October 31st, 2019
- Departures at 9.00am
Have you ever tried real Camembert made with raw milk? You will visit the last standing farm in the ...
During this half-day tour, you will have the opportunity to visit all the most significant US battle...
Enjoy an half-day tour and discover the stories of the Canadian Armed Forces involvement on D-Day. A...
During this half-day shared tour in Normandy, you will follow the footsteps of the British troops th...
With this Normandy battlefield tour, you will discover on a full day the key beaches, sites and muse...
During this full-day excursion, you will reach from Bayeux the magical abbey-crowned island of Mont ...