Half-day Tour of the British D-Day sites in Normandy
- On the footsteps of the British troops that landed on D-Day.
- Reach Pegasus Bridge & Sword Beach where the D-Day landings began
- Explore the Hillman Fortress, a German Strong-point on the Atlantic Wall
- Visit the Commonwealth Military Cemeteries
During this half-day shared tour in Normandy, you will follow the footsteps of the British troops that landed on D-Day.
You will discover one of the two important bridges for the D-day stories, Pegasus Bridge, now displayed in the Pegasus Museum. During the early hours of June 6, 1944, the airborne forces of the British Army launched Operation Deadstick in an attempt to capture two bridge roads without any damages made to them. The reason for that was that these road were the only way out for the British troops from Sword Beach.
You will be driven to Sword Beach where the British troops also landed on the morning of June 6, 1944. It is the most easterly located beach of the D-Day landings.
Then, this D-Day Normandy tour will take you to the Hillman bunker, one of the German strong points on the Atlantic Wall. 18 casemates, as well as underground fortifications, can still be seen, along with a memorial dedicated to the 1st Battalion, Suffolk Regiment, which liberated the place.
You will finish up this Normandy battlefield tour with a visit of the Commonwealth Military Cemeteries. The largest one is located in Bayeux, where some German soldiers are also buried. The grounds of the cemetery have been gifted by France to the United Kingdom as a gesture for the sacrifice of British troops during the D-Day operations that led to the liberation of the country. A memorial to the unknown soldiers who died in Normandy is located just opposite the cemetery.
- Entrance for sites as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking qualified guide/driver
- Travel in recent, fully equipped Mercedes minivans
- Small group option – maximum 8 passengers per group
- Free Wifi access on board
- Bottles of water in the vehicles
- Entrance fees or tasting fees unless mentioned
- Personal insurance & expenses
- Eventual Gratuities for the driver/guide
- Hotel pickup
- Senior from 65 and above are reduced
- Children from 4 to 12 are reduced
Place du Québec - Bayeux
- You will meet your guide on the Place du Québec in Bayeux
- Tour requires minimum of 2 passengers (adults) to operate. In case minimum numbers are not reached we will offer to reschedule or refund your tour
- This tour is not suitable for Children under 4 years old
- Tour returns to the departure point
- From April 1st to October 31st 2019
- departures at 9.00am and 2.00pm
Have you ever tried real Camembert made with raw milk? You will visit the last standing farm in the ...
During this half-day tour, you will have the opportunity to visit all the most significant US battle...
Enjoy an half-day tour and discover the stories of the Canadian Armed Forces involvement on D-Day. A...
With this Normandy battlefield tour, you will discover on a full day the key beaches, sites and muse...
With this full-day D-day excursion, you will get a complete historical insight of Canadian battles d...
During this full-day excursion, you will reach from Bayeux the magical abbey-crowned island of Mont ...