Alternative Berlin guided city tour
- Learn more about Berlin's street art, graffiti and alternative districts
- Get to know interesting facts about protests, riots and demonstrations in the past
- Step on places where a unique art and nightlife culture bud after the fall of the wall
- Let you inspire by your guide with tips on cultural activities, restaurants and nightlife
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity and became a magnet for non-conformists in search of an alternative lifestyle. Sub-cultures, squats, and graffiti art became part of Berlin’s distinct style, and with the fall of the Berlin Wall the scene didn’t disappear, it simply moved east.
Explore the gritty, grungy underground scene of the city that Berliners love! Witness the clash between corporate expansion & counter-culture.
Attention, an AB zone ticket, that you have to acquire on your own, is required.
- Guided city tour
- Entrance to the explained attractions
- AB zone ticket for the transfer
- Child (0-13 anni): free
- Student (with valid student's ID): reduced
Pariser Platz 6A, 10117 Berlin, Germany
The Berlin Alternative City Tour starts in East Berlin in front of the Starbucks at the Brandenburg Gate (S/U-Bahn Brandenburger Tor). Just look for the team in red SANDEMANs NEW Europe T-shirts!
- ATTENTION: This tour involves a transfer by local traffic. Please acquire a ticket for the city center zone AB before the tour starts
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 2:30pm
Ostpolitik, DDR, Stasi, Ostalgie, Trabi and the Wall. Do these names and acronyms take you back to f...
Captivating special effects bring 750 years of Berlin’s history to life! At Little BIG City, the uni...
The city center of Berlin is filled with famous sightseeing points: the TV tower, Brandenburg Gate, ...
Discover the wild side of Kreuzberg that transformed from one of the poorest quarters of Berlin in t...
Learn more about the final battle about Berlin in World War II, Soviet Berlin, the Cold War, the Ber...
Start/End: at your hotel in Berlin. Our guide and driver will meet you in the hotel lobby with a nam...