Gardens and palaces of Potsdam bike tour
- Getting to know beautiful Potsdam and its history
- Audio guide and entry into Cecilienhof Palace are included
- Numerous photo opportunities
- A dedicated, expert English-speaking guide
You start by taking the train from the TV Tower shop for the 25 km journey to Potsdam, where the bikes are waiting for you. In 6.5-7 hours, including transport time, the tour covers about 16 km (10 miles). However, Potsdam is also quite flat with lots of sites and stops.
Here are some of the many reasons why you’ll love the Gardens & Palaces of Potsdam Bike Tour:
- Realizing that with its 20+ palaces, numerous parks and gardens, unique WWII and Cold War history, and distinct present-day flair, Potsdam is far more than the “Versailles of Berlin”, but rather earning of its UNESCO World Heritage status in many ways.
- Appreciating the power, lifestyle, and grandeur of the Hohenzollern legacy through their various lavish gardens, parks, and palaces.
- Understanding the impact the Potsdam Agreement (signed at Cecilienhof) had on Europe to close out World War II and foreshadowing an era of tension and distrust in the ensuing Cold War. Entry and audio guide into Cecilienhof Palace are included and we give you plenty of time to explore the interior!
- Comparing the Potsdam of today - a vibrant university city filled with creative minds and energy - against the backdrop of life under communism behind the Iron Curtain.
At the end of our tour you will journey on the train back to our shop in Alexanderplatz.
- Comfortable cruiser bike or city-style bike
- Helmet (provided but optional)
- Experienced, English-speaking guide
- Infant 0-3 years old: free
- Children 3-12 years old: reduced
- Students: reduced
Panoramastraße 1A, 10178 Berlin, Deutschland
At the base of the TV Tower (Fernsehturm) in Alexanderplatz. Tours meet just around the corner in front of the entrance to the tower. You will see the guides there with the large, red flags. Please arrive about 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour
- All guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- We recommend to bring an extra layer of clothing in case it gets chilly during the tour
- Comfortable, closed toed shoes are recommended
- All tours run rain or shine
- 17 April - 30 September 2019: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 09.45am
- 1 October - 31 October 2019: Wednesday and Sunday at 09.45am
- Please arrive about 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour
Enjoy moving classical music presented by the Berlin Residence Orchestra in the stylish and historic...
You need to relax between one tour and the other, but you don't want to stop sightseeing? So come an...
What comes to your mind when you think of Berlin?That’s right, it’s the Berlin Wall! The remains of ...
Have you just arrived in Berlin and don't know where to start? This tour is the perfect solution: ou...
Perfect for all first-time Berlin explorers and for those that want to experience the beautiful city...
Why walk when you can ride with us? The best way to explore Berlin is on our exclusive Segways. Disc...