Pergamon Museum & Neues Museum guided tour
- Visit two of the most important museums in Berlin and Europe
- Marvel at the famous Bust of Nefertiti and the stunning Ishtar Gate
- Travel through time to Ancient Greece walking along the Market Gate of Miletus
- Get incredibly interesting historic insights from your guide
Discover the jewels of Berlin's world-famous Museum Island. Explore the wonders of Ancient Egypt, Babylon, Greece and Rome on an exclusive tour through two remarkable museums: Pergamon Museum and Neues Museum.
Hosted by one an expert guide, you will not only see impressive artefacts and architectural structures, but you will also learn many exciting facts about history and get a critical understanding of the collection's relationship to Berlin, past and present.
How did the Bauhaus aesthetic inadvertently preserve Prussian-era Egyptian fresco facsimiles? Who found the bust of Nefertiti lying face down in the dirt in 1912 and how did she end up in Berlin? Where can one walk down a contemporary staircase based on Classical proportions which is scarred with WWII bullet holes?
Let this unforgettable tour of Berlin's two finest museums give you many exciting insights.
Just be aware: the Pergamon Altar is currently not on display due to ongoing construction works.
- VIP entrance to Pergamon Museum and Neues Museum
- Museum Island day pass valid for all five museum
- Guided tour Pergamon Museum and Neues Museum
- Children (0-17 years)
Before April 2020: Corner of Am Lustgarten and Bode Straße, 10178 Berlin, Germany
From 1 April 2020: Bodestrasse 2, 10178, Berlin
Before April 2020: Meet on the street corner of Am Lustgarten and Bode Straße, underneath the colonnade/roofed pillars.
From 1 April 2020: Meet on the bottom of the steps of the James Simon Galerie on Museums Island.
- Please note: the Pergamon Altar is currently not on display due to ongoing construction works
- Attention: the entrance to Pergamon Museum is scheduled for the booked time and can't be guaranteed if you are late
- Cancellation policy: 100% refund for tours cancelled within 7 days before the departure, 50% refund for tours cancelled between 3 and 6 days before the departure, no refund possible for tours cancelled later than 3 days before the departure. No refund is possible also if you miss the tour because you are late
- November 2019 - March 2020: Sunday at 10.00am
- April - October: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00am
- November 2020 - March 2021: Saturday at 10:00am
Ostpolitik, DDR, Stasi, Ostalgie, Trabi and the Wall. Do these names and acronyms take you back to f...
Captivating special effects bring 750 years of Berlin’s history to life! At Little BIG City, the uni...
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity ...
The city center of Berlin is filled with famous sightseeing points: the TV tower, Brandenburg Gate, ...
Discover the wild side of Kreuzberg that transformed from one of the poorest quarters of Berlin in t...
Start/End: at your hotel in Berlin. Our guide and driver will meet you in the hotel lobby with a nam...