Week-end bike tour of Burgundy region
- Immerse into the authenticity of the Burgundy vineyards
- Explore the wine production areas of Cote de Beaune and Cote de Nuits
- Grand Crus route through Gevrey Chambertin, Vougeot, Pommard, Meursault
You're a bike aficionado and looking for some sportive activities to do during your week-end in Dijon? Ride your bike and pedal through the Burgundy vineyards! A 4-day program awaits for you:
DAY 1 (Friday)
Your hotel is situated in the heart of the city. Check in and presentation of the tour, delivery of the road book, maps and tourist brochures and bicycles. Dijon is a vibrant, walkable city with a wealth of great shops, restaurants and bars and a really welcoming vibe to it. There are many museums, churches and traditional buildings to discover including the Palais des Ducs and the church of Notre Dame. We suggest you follow the ‘Owl’s Trail’ which highlights 22 key points of interest in the city. Legend has it that if you want some good luck you need to find the tiny stone sculpture of the owl at the Notre Dame church – touch it with your left hand and make a wish! Overnight stay at hotel.
DAY 2 (Saturday)
Dijon – Cote de Nuits vineyards – Beaune ~ 50km OR ~25km (with train)
Leaving Dijon behind, you navigate your way out of the city and cycle into the countryside where the Route de Grands Crus begins. Arrive into the region of Gevrey Chambertin, the largest appellation in Côte de Nuits, Pinot Noir country, and where you find some of France’s most famous wines including Vosne-Romanée, Fixin, Chambertin-clos-de-Bèze, Flagey- Echézeaux, Vougeot, Richebourg. Cycle on through the wine regions of Morey Saint Denis, Chambolle-Musigny and Vougeot with vineyards all along the way on either side of you offering breathtaking scenery and crisp, fresh air! Possibility to continue through the highlands further on Beaune. Or take the train from Nuit St Georges to Beaune. Overnight
DAY 3 (Sunday)
Loop ride south from Beaune - Cote de Beaune vineyards ~30km
Today’s ride will take you through the famous vineyards of Pommard, Volnay… the kingdom of Burgundy Red wines. The ride is nice and flat all day long, and then curves back in towards the famous vineyards of Meursault and Puligny-Montrachet, charming villages which make the best white Chardonnay wines in the world. Back to Beaune in the afternoon. Overnight stay in the same hotel.
DAY 4 (Monday)
Departure after breakfast
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: After booking, you will receive the contact details of the local supplier. To complete the booking, it is mandatory to contact 10 days before our local partner with some additional information.
- 3 B&B nights in a 4* hotel
- Tourist information, maps and road book
- Bike rental
- Luggage transfer
- Assistance in case of problems
- Lunchs and diners
- Wine tasting in Cote de Beaune or Cote de Nuits area 20€
31 Cour de la Gare, 21000 Dijon, France
Your guide meets you in front of your hotel in Dijon
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: After booking, you will receive the contact details of the local supplier. To complete the booking, it is mandatory to contact 10 days before our local partner with some additional information.
- Comfortable shoes and clothes recommended
- You'll be provided with a high-quality bicycle
- It is a self-guided tour
- You will have a detailed itinerary for a bike ride through the vineyards
- There is a phone assistance
- For a modification of a confirmed reservation, 42 days before, there is a charge for modifying the reservation on the basis of 40 Euros per reservation and per modification. Between 42 and 30 days before the cancellation fees are 200 €.
- See calendar
Dijon is world famous for its mustard, but the city is also one of France’s most renowned gastronomi...
Spend a full day touring Burgundy and tasting varietals in one of France's top wine regions.Your win...
Feast your senses on the rich aromas and sublime flavors of French wine and cheese on a half-day cul...
France's Cote d'Or escarpment is renowned for its incredible Burgundy wines. Sample some of its fine...
Head into the wine-growing region of the Cote d'Or on a tour from Dijon to experience what makes thi...
Spend a week cycling with your guide in France, Burgundy! In the wine region dedicated to your sense...