Uncover the little-known treasures of Dubai on this two hour walking tour of Old Dubai and its various souks (markets). You will walk with your premium guide through Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood, through the perfume, spice, and gold souks which will stimulate your senses. There will be breath-taking views from the abra (traditional boat) ride that will take you back in time. Through this tour, you will understand Dubai from the perspective of its history, people, food, culture and etiquette. This tour is a terrific introduction to Dubai’s story from a desert-to-a-global destination city. This Old Dubai Tour delves into the city’s heritage and explores what early life was like in this desert trading town.
You will get to walk through the Coffee Museum, coin, and Dubai Museum. Then you will be guided through the textile souk to arrive at the Dubai Creek and Dhow for breath-taking views.
Abra Ride across the Creek
A traditional boat (abra) will get you across over to the Deira side of Dubai to explore the various souks (markets) like Spice Souk and Gold Souk in the city. Whether you are looking for an inexpensive knickknack or a diamond necklace, you’re guaranteed to find something to suit you here.
Highlights of Old Dubai Tour:
- Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood, previously known as Bastakiya.
- Coffee Museum, to learn where and how coffee originated.
- Dubai Museum, to experience the Pearl Diving Industry.
- The Ruler’s Divan, His Highness Ruler’s Court.
- Textile Souk, the old trading centre of Bur Dubai.
- House of Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum, historic building and former residential quarters of Saeed bin Maktoum Al Maktoum, former ruler of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
- Al Shindaga Watchtower, one of the three watchtowers used to guard Dubai.
- Gold Souk, to see Dubai as the City of Gold.
- Spice Souk, to take in the beautiful aroma of the spices.
- Traditional Abra Ride (wooden boat) to ride across the creek.
- Dubai Creek, to reach the spice souk.