Perito Moreno Glacier Minitrek Tour from Calafate
- Trek along the Perito Moreno Glacier, one of the biggest in the world
- Learn about the region's glaciology and glacier rupture
- Go on a boat ride to get another view of the Perito Moreno Glacier
Experience a guided ice walk on one of the world’s largest continental glaciers. You’ll take in the spectacular views of Perito Moreno Glacier on a boat ride across Rico Arm, and learn about the region’s glaciology, glacial rupture, and more.
You’ll depart by boat from Bajo de las Sombras port for a 20-minute ride across Rico Arm, taking in the breathtaking views of the face of Perito Moreno Glacier along the way.
Disembark on the opposite shore, where a specialized bilingual mountain guide will welcome you and lead you to a small shelter. Your group (of not more than 20 persons) will follow the guide along the lake’s shore towards the edge of the glacier.
When you are on the ice your guide will assist in putting your crampons on, and explain how to use them.
The 2-hour circuit that follows introduces you to the fascinating landscape of the glaciers, including streams, small lagoons, gullies, crevasses, and plenty of intensely blue ice formations. The trekking is of moderate difficulty, with ice surfaces that are irregular, but firm and safe.
Your guide will tell you about the flora, fauna, and general glaciology of the region, and also about the particular phenomenon that occurs and eventually produces a glacier rupture.
At the end of the mini-trek, a short stroll through the forest will bring you back to the shelter.
- Round-trip transfers from El Calafate hotels
- Guided tour
- Boat trip to the glacier
- Glass of whisky or spirits at the glacier
- 1-hour visit to the glacier balconies (where you'll be met by a guide)
- All the necessary equipment
- National park entrance fee
- Food and beverages
Julio Argentino Roca 1400, El Calafate, Santa Cruz, Argentina
Centrally located El Calafate hotels
- Please bring: sport shoes or trekking boots (rubber and apres ski boots, and high-heeled shoes are not allowed), comfortable sportswear, long trousers, warm sweater or pile, waterproof or windproof jacket, sun glasses, sunblock, gloves and a boxed lunch
- Restrictions: due to the degree of effort and difficulty that this excursion presents, pregnant women, people who are overweight, and those who have disabilities or health problems are not permitted on the tour. Participants must be between 10 and 65 years old.
Daily at 7.00 am
The tour begins after breakfast, picking up passengers at their hotels, and then accompanied by a gu...
During this guided tour, you will visit the most renowned palaces of the Buenos Aires and their spec...
This private tour is focused on the history of the Argentinian-Jewish community, right from where it...
Your full-day tour starts at your hotel in Buenos Aires. Your guide will then take you to the statio...
Your private tour starts with a pickup from your Buenos Aires hotel. Meet your knowledgeable guide a...
Delve into the tango spirit during this early tango dinner-show with private transfer. Your driver w...
Your private tour begins with pick-up from your centrally located hotel in Buenos Aires. Take part t...
Meet your guide in the late morning and begin the tour with a visit to the Colon Theater. The opulen...
Your tour begins as you are picked up from your centrally located Buenos Aires hotel. Meet your guid...
Take part to our special and unique tour to Tigre departing from Buenos Aires to the Delta in a firs...