Cinque Terre and Portovenere: one-day tour from Florence
- Admire the Poets' Gulf while riding a comfortable public boat
- Taste delicious local delights, or even bring your swimsuit for a dip in the sea
- Enjoy free time to wander around in these little towns
- An optional 45-min hike at Cinque Terre for spectacular views atop a hill
Admire nature’s artistry in Liguria, a spectacular region and home of Cinque Terre – the much acclaimed string of seaside villages along the Italian Riviera. Steep terraces adorned with colorful homes and vineyards, rugged fishermen reeling in their daily catches, and the region’s most famous flavor: pesto.
Sit back and relax as we take a 2.25-hour ride via comfortable, air-conditioned coach. Your guide will entertain you with tales of the area as you cross two regions: Tuscany and Liguria. Both are rich with history, cultures and traditions that deserve to be told. Upon arrival, you’ll be escorted to a quaint and comfortable public boat. Set sail along the coastline, breathing in the fresh sea air and admiring a view like no other.
Tailoring your adventure to the most beautiful sites, we’ve made sure to include Poets’ Gulf, of course, via a beautiful cruise. This colorful, evocative and unique coastline is dominated by green hills and clear waters. Vivid villages overlook the sea, charming to behold.
The cruise through Poets’ Gulf will bring you to the town of Portovenere, one of the most stunning places on the West Coast of Italy. You’ll notice fishermen’s boats docked daintily by the beach, colorful homes peppering the scenery, an old castle looming on the horizon, churches standing omnipresent. It’s quite breathtaking. Enjoy free time to explore this beautiful village on your own, seeing what you want, as you wish.
There is no better way to admire the beautiful UNESCO world heritage site of Cinque Terre National Park than from the sea! See as man has overcome the challenge of nature’s steep and uneven hillsides, creating one-of-a-kind residences with unparalleled views. And notice that each home is older than the next, stretching back for centuries.
After a pleasant 1.25-hour cruise, we’ll stop at Monterosso, the largest town among the Cinque Terre. Dine on a local dish as you please. To make the most out of this experience in the Italian Riviera, we offer an optional 45 minutes light hike, for those who want to see the Cinque Terre mainland and coastline from a different perspective.
Then it is 'all aboard!' as you will be taken by train to the charming town of Manarola. Here in this tiny village perched high atop a cliff dropping straight into the sea, you’ll be dazzled with sweeping views of the tiny harbor, full of colorful boats and vibrant natural formations.
*We will do our best to make sure your trip includes all the sites as per description, however please note that itinerary might be adjusted according to weather and transport conditions.
- Round trip transport from Florence in a comfortable air-conditioned coach
- Public boat tickets
- Free time in Portovenere, Monterosso and Manarola
- Train tickets
- 1.5-hour boat cruise
- 45 minute optional light hike with tour leader
- Expert local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Child (2-14): reduced
- Infant (0-1): free
Piazza dell'Unità Italiana, 5, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
At Piazza dell'Unità Italiana in front of the Hotel Baglioni, next to the Obelisk.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour
- Please note that the boat journey of the Cinque Terre might occasionally be affected by adverse weather and sea conditions. If you are sensitive to seasickness please take any necessary precautions before your journey
- We will do our best to make sure your trip includes all the sights for description, however, please note that the itinerary might be adjusted according to weather and transport conditions
- Meeting time: 7.00am
- Departure time: 7.15am
Explore the breathtaking Ligurian coast on a tour of Portovenere and the Cinque Terre, a small corne...
After driving through Tuscany into Liguria, stop in the first Cinque Terre village of Manarola. Enjo...
The village of San Gimignano, the Chianti area and the medieval town of Siena: these venues are situ...
This tour will take you to enjoy the rich history and the art of the most spellbinding sights in Tus...
There is nothing better than the VIP Cinque Terre Discovery & Vineyards Escapes to explore a real It...
Rise early for an exciting day at Cinque Terre, the most characteristic villages of Italy including ...
Your memorable journey starts with the charming San Gimignano, world-famous walled town located on a...
The “Florence and a bite of Tuscany” tour is perfect to discover the beauty of Florence environs, cy...
Palazzo Pitti is one of Florence’s biggest museums. It is a powerful looking, 13th-century building ...
Don't miss a unique experience between medieval art, Chianti landscapes and Tuscan flavors! You don’...