Mount Wellington, Bonorong Wildlife and Richmond Village day tour
- Follow in the footsteps of Charles Darwin as you climb Mount Wellington
- Get up close and personal with Tasmania's local wildlife at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Learn about the fascinating history of Richmond Village from an expert guide
If you want to see the very best of Tasmania, this tour is for you.
You'll kick your day off with a visit to Mount Wellington which was once climbed by Charles Darwin. Sitting 1200 metres above the city, this spot not only boasts spectacular views but also a fascinating history. Did you know that ice was once taken from the top of the mountain to make ice cream?
After you've taken in the views, it's time to head to the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary where you'll get up close and personal with kangaroos as you feed them, pat wombats and koalas and even, see the infamous Tasmanian Devil. As this is a sanctuary, it only deals with local wildlife but there's still a wide range of animals that you can check out.
The last stop of the day will be Richmond Village, a fascinating, colonial town that has the oldest, convict-built bridge and the oldest currently operating Catholic Church. The village itself really comes alive at the weekends and is a haven for gourmet delicatessens and second-hand stores. Just remember to pop by the local sweet shop - it's definitely a must-see!
- Bottled water
- Luxury coach travel
- Tour pick-up and drop-off
- Guaranteed return to your cruise ship before departure
- Local coach driver
- Expert guide onboard
- Lunch or snacks onboard
- Infants (0-5 years old): Free
- Children (5-12 years old): Reduced
0 Campbell St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
You can meet your guide inside the MAC 2 Cruise Terminal in Hobart Port. They will be waiting for you at the entrance with the tour sign 30 minutes before the tour is scheduled to depart. Or if you make your way outside beforehand, please meet your tour at the Hotel Grand Chancellor bus stop 5 minutes before the tour is due to depart.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Those with heart problems or other serious medical conditions cannot participate in this tour
- There is a 2 passenger minimum that must be met in order for this tour to go ahead
- This tour has a maximum of 90 participants
- There will be a stop for lunch at one of the destinations
- This tour starts at 9.00am
- This availability of this tour varies weekly, please refer to the calendar
Discover Tasmania’s convict past on a small-group day trip from Hobart to the Tasman Peninsula and t...
This day trip is a nature lover’s dream! You'll begin the day by summiting Mt. Wellington before enj...
The first stop of the day will be at Port Arthur where you'll learn about its long history of hardsh...
Explore Mount Field National Park and its stunning vistas, great walks and abundant wildlife. Russel...
Kick off your day tour by checking out Salamanca Place, an area of great historical importance in Ho...
The Sydney attraction combo pass allows you to access the most famous attractions in Sydney. You may...