Istanbul Conquered full day city tour
- Visit and marvel at the mesmerizing ancient site of Hagia Sophia
- Take in the majestic Blue Mosque and learn about the delicate, intricate work that makes up this world-famous site
- Listen to colorful stories of sultans at Topkapi Palace and explore all the site’s ancient treasures
- Enjoy a tasty Turkish lunch with locals in a hidden café
Can you “conquer” Istanbul in just one day? We’re certainly going to try! Take a journey from Byzantium to Constantinople to Sultan Mehmet Fatih’s city of Islam on this historical tour that stops at some of the most iconic sites in Turkey while also showing you the city’s exciting present day atmosphere.
Start your Istanbul tour with a dose of awe at Justinian the Great’s Hagia Sophia. This masterpiece of Byzantine architecture stands tall and proud in downtown Istanbul, holding within its walls more than 1,500 years of Turkish history. This mind-bogglingly beautiful site is also somewhat of a chameleon — it has lived its long life as a church, a mosque, and now as a museum. Then you'll head just across the street to the jewel in the Istanbul crown. Sultan Ahmet I’s Blue Mosque is one of the most striking sights in Istanbul, with its iconic blue-tiled walls, 260 windows, and six minarets.
Next, your Istanbul city tour will take you to the ancient Hippodrome. Today, this charming promenade is a popular meeting point for Istanbulites, but it is also an integral part of Turkish history. Chariot races once took place along this strip, which was also home to the notorious Nika riots — a dramatic political protest in 532AD that led to the massacre of tens of thousands of people.
Need a break? Step back to the present and join the locals as we lunch in a hidden café. You’ll enjoy friendly conversation with members of the community and learn about daily life in Istanbul. Once you’re filled with Turkish cuisine, Topkapi Palace awaits. This opulent complex overlooking the Bosphorus is a true Istanbul treasure, with many colorful stories about the rich sultans who lived there.
Lastly, you’ll seek out treasures of a different kind in Istanbul’s famed Grand Bazaar, which offers up 3,000 shops to explore along 61 streets. Meet a few of the local characters, perfect your haggling skills, have a true Turkish coffee and shop till you drop.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entry fees
- Tea and coffee
- Extra drinks
- Tips or gratuities for your local guide
- Сhildren 5 years of age and under: free
- Children 6 to 11 years of age: reduced
Pudding Shop Lale Restaurant Divanyolu Caddesi No. 6, 34400, Sultanahmet
The restaurant is located on the street where the tram lines run through Sultanahmet, approximately a 3-minute walk from the Sultanahmet tram stop.
- Note that the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays, so if you choose a Sunday departure, you’ll explore the nearby vibrant Spice Market, filled with delectable and colorful Turkish spices, treats, coffees, and teas.
- Please be aware that the standard of dress through out Turkey is conservative. To respect this and for your own comfort, please wear modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for both women and men.
- Following recent safety incidents, we recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on traveling in Turkey before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page.
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 8.30am
Discover Istanbul and its fascinating ottoman relics with this half-day afternoon tour. The tour wil...
This will not only be a culinary walk but also a stroll through the city’s Asian side to discover it...
Enjoy a half day, afternoon tour to visit Dolmabahce Palace, the royal residence of the Ottoman Sult...
Enjoy the fun with the spectacular & magical world of Isfanbul Theme Park! The capital of entertainm...
Climb back to 3000 B.C. on a 2-day journey from Istanbul to witness the most striking views of the s...
Take a combination tour of Istanbul Classics and Ottoman Relics.Tour "Sultan Ahmet Center", the hear...