Historic tapas tour
- Visit two historic bars of old Madrid and San Miguel market
- Explore the most representative places of old Madrid
- Local guide in English and Spanish
- Fun and informal atmosphere
- Learn more about the tapas tradition and about the Spaniards
Our stroll starts at 7.00pm, at The Statue of the Bear and the Strawberry Tree (Puerta del Sol).
From there we will go to our first stop. The first bar that we will visit has many anecdotes, opened in the 19th century by two Asturians, it has witnessed the most important events in the history of the Spanish capital, in this tavern you will try their specialty that is very famous in Madrid and in all of Spain.
After trying their tapas and listening to the stories and anecdotes that happened there, you will go to the second stop.
Crossing the Puerta del Sol towards House of Representatives or House of Commons, you will arrive at a very classic shop-restaurant in Madrid, founded in the 19th century by a French family; there, apart from trying their specialty and their drink, you will listen a lot of stories about characters that passed by.
After this visit, you will go to the last stop of the tour, but before you will pass by iconic Madrid landmarks like the Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor and the oldest restaurant in the world.
The last stop is a delicatessen market where you will find a lot of food and drink stalls. Here you can try some of their most famous specialties.
During the tour you will learn more about the history of Madrid and about the tapas tradition asking what you want and enjoying the tour.
All the products we are going to try are of the highest quality, tapas bars selected for the best palates.
- Local guide
- 1 tapa and 1 drink (wine, beer, soft drinks or water) in each bar.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Gratuities (optional)
Plaza Puerta del Sol, 1-3, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Statue of the bear and the strawberry tree (Puerta del Sol). Look for the red umbrella!
- Minimum age is 18 year
- Group size: min. 2 max. 8 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for celiacs, vegans, vegetarians and lactose intolerant
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Monday to Friday at 7.00pm
- Blackout dates: From 21 to 26 December, and from 5 to 19 March
22th November, Stardust Madrid at Sala Cool invite: Tadeo (Token Records, Stardust Madrid) J. Gonzal...
23/11 - Roots w/ DJ Koolt, Ion Pananides, Enzo & Isbel Goya Social Club, Madrid [ Pablo's Bday Bash ...
LUXE LIGHT Saturday, December 14 Genres: Hip hop Lines Up: Ocer y Rade,El Jincho Atmospheres: Urban ...
ROOM NAZCA END OF YEAR 2019 Genres: Hits,Reggaeton Atmospheres: Urban Door Policies: Casual dress co...
Saturday November 30 from 23:30 we celebrate: We Love Dembow with UniversiParty. We received as a gu...
Say goodbye to the year in a special way! Goya Social Club - Tuesday, December 31, 2019 Genres: Deep...