American food of Melbourne tour
- Explore the best of Melbourne's new Americana trend
- Taste samples of American foods at some of Melbourne’s best-known restaurants and eateries
- Discover how food makes its way from the farm to your plate at the Queen Victoria Market
- End up in the hippest neighbourhood in Melbourne
- Enjoy your visit in a small group of maximum 12 people
Australians share common values with our neighbours across the Pacific and Melburnians are now embracing that culture with an American food renaissance.
Join our Yankee guides and experience the Americana trend that is taking hold in the city. You'll get a farm-to-table lesson with a walk through the Queen Victoria Markets. You’ll learn how the markets aren’t just for tourists; this is where many local restaurants stock their kitchens. The first eating stop will be one of Australia’s a classic diner, serving up the most classic of American meals: you’ll sample some of their hamburger varieties before heading on to learn about how our food gets to the plate in many of Melbourne’s restaurants. Your guide will then take you some of their favourite places at the cutting edge of the American food trend of cheesesteaks, mac 'n' cheese and low and slow smoked meats. There are always at least 4 tastings along the way and we guarantee you won't be leaving hungry. We end the tour in the neighbourhood of Fitzroy, where many of Melbourne's trends start – and one of the best places for street art and coffee.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food samplings at 4 local eateries
- Additional drinks and food
Children (0-6): free
69 State Route 32, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Queen Victoria Market: main entrance on the corner of Elizabeth and Victoria Streets, under the cow and sheep sign.
- Please present this voucher to your guide at the beginning of your tour. Save this email on your phone or tablet, or print a copy, as you will need to show this to join the trip
- Melbourne is known to have four seasons in one day – please check the weather report and dress accordingly
Every day at 11.30 am
This tour will bring you through the world's most impressive coastline. Departing from Melbourne, yo...
Every evening at dusk the Little Penguins come home from the sea at Phillip Island. Experience the n...
On the day of your introduction to abseiling, you’ll be met by expert guides in the heart of Melbour...
This thirst-quenching beer odyssey will take you through the best of the best on the Melbourne brew ...
This tour is the celebration of the local foodie culture. You'll visit Melbourne’s multicultural mar...
Tasmania’s east coast is a uniquely beautiful part of the world. This tour shares with you all of th...