Starting at Melbourne's world Heritage Site, the Exhibition Buildings, this tour includes stops at four iconic drinking Melbourne institutions. At a classic Aussie pub you can throw back a pot or a pint. Here’s where you’ll learn about the standard pour sizes of Victorian beers and how beer nearly led to all alcohol being banned during the gold rush. You'll then stop at a cocktail bar: Melbourne has some of the best mixologists around, but most of them are hidden in tiny, hidden cocktail bars that survive on word of mouth alone. Visit a speakeasy-style bar and learn about how and why Melbourne’s laneway scene developed. Lastly, you'll visit a wine bar where you can taste some of the best wines of the Yarra Valley. Learn how wine shaped Australia’s history and how to taste wine like a member of the social elite. Melbourne’s bar scene is ever-changing, so the fourth bar will be chosen by your guide on the day, depending on the group’s desires, the weather, and what is trendy in Melbourne at that particular moment in time.
Bar scene tour of Melbourne
Availability: Every day
Duration: up to 3 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Learn about Melbourne’s history with a drink in hand
- Try local beers, wines, and cocktails at four unique Melbourne establishments
- Check out the iconic Exhibition Buildings
- Discover hidden bars known only to local Melburnians
- Enjoy your tour in a small group of maximum 12 people
What to expect
- Local English-speaking guide
What's not included
54 Nicholson St, Fitzroy VIC 3065, Australia
Corner of Nicholson and Gertrude St Fitzroy. Across from the Exhibition Building.
What to remember
- Drinks and food are not included. Since everyone’s drinking preferences and tolerances are different, rather than include drinks, we keep our tour price low and allow you to purchase drinks as you go. Most establishments accept bank cards, but there is occasionally a minimum spend. You may wish to bring cash if you want to avoid this.
- Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
Every day at 3pm.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.