Tickets and audioguide for Leonardo's Vineyard and Atellani House
- Discover the secrets of the Ludovico il Moro vineyard, given to Leonardo
- Stroll through the beautiful garden and marvel at the ancient Atellani House, restored by Piero Portaluppi
- Follow the path with the help of an audioguide and descriptive panels
- Skip the lines and explore one of the lesser known places in Milan
A forgotten story ties Leonardo da Vinci to the city of Milan: the story of a vineyard. In 1498, Ludovico il Moro, Duke of Milan, gave Leonardo a vineyard. Surrounding this vineyard, there were always legends involving this genius, his works, and his followers. The vineyard that today has finally been reborn respects the land’s original rows and vines.
From Lorenzo the Magnificent’s Florence, Leonardo da Vinci arrived in Milan in 1482 at the court of Ludovico Maria Sforza, known as il Moro. In 1495 Ludovico assigned him the task of painting a Last Supper in the refectory of Santa Maria delle Grazie. In 1498 Ludovico granted Leonardo ownership of a vineyard nearing 16 perches.
We can imagine Leonardo, at the end of a day's work, as he leaves the Cenacolo site and crosses the Borgo delle Grazie and the Atellani house to wander through the rows of his vineyard. But this would have lasted for just a little while: in April 1500, the French royal troops defeated and imprisoned the Moor, at which point even Leonardo left Milan.
Leonardo, however, never stopped taking care of his vineyard. He reconquered it when the French confiscated it, and, at his death in 1519, he quoted it in his will, leaving a part to his beloved pupil Gian Giacomo Caprotti, known as Salaì.
On the grounds of the great vineyard of San Vittore, the Duke of Milan Ludovico il Moro dreamed of building a new residential district. Of that dream, more than five centuries later, only the Casa degli Atellani remains standing.
The Leonardo da Vinci vineyard was reborn with Milan’s Expo 2015, thanks to the Portaluppi Foundation and the current owners of the Atellani family. This project came to reality thanks also to the decisive contribution of the University of Milan and Professor Attilio Scienza, the top expert in the genetics of the grapevine today.
- Audioguide available in 10 languages (Italian, English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian)
- Reduced admission: over-65, students, children between 6 and 18 years old, FAI members, Touring Club, Skira, Milano Card
- Trenord reduced admission: valid for holders of a TreNord ticket or subscription. On the day of the visit, customers must show their valid ticket or season ticket at the entrance.
- Free entrance: children up to the age of 5, members of the Museums Subscription, journalists (with ID card), disabled people with an accompanying person
Corso Magenta, 65, 20123 Milan MI, Italy
Atellani House - in front of Church of Santa Maria della Grazie. Cross the street and go into the coffee bar with the glass doors.
- Tour duration: approx. 25 minutes
- Maximum 25 guests per group
- Each group will be guided by a tour leader
- Prices are as follows: Full ticket: €10 + €1.5 advance sale fee | University students, children (6-18), seniors (65+): €8 + €1.5 advance sale fee
- You will not be able to cancel the purchase, nor change the day and/or time of your visit to the Vineyard and the Atellani House
- Monday to Friday: 9.00am to 6.00pm (departures every 30 minutes, last admission at 5.30pm)
- Saturday and Sunday: 9.00am to 6.00pm (departures every 15 minutes, last admission at 5.45pm)
Visit Leonardo da Vinci’s vineyard with this skip-the-line priority admission ticket. Afterwards, ex...
Experience Milan’s historical highlights with an expert local guide as you take a three-hour walking...
La Scala Theater Museum is located inside the famous Teatro alla Scala, in the vibrant heart of Mila...
Milan’s cathedral, the so-called Duomo di Milano, is a stunning landmark in the center of the city t...
La Scala Theatre is recognised as one of the leading opera houses in the world. It hosts a Museum th...
Enjoy a fully organized day in Milan to see the best the city has to offer with the help of an exper...
Dal 16 Ottobre 2019 al 29 Marzo 2020 Il MUDEC – Museo delle Culture di Milano ospita in anteprima as...
Preparati a vedere il più grande Teatro dei Robot al mondo. Assisti a uno spettacolo unico che ti pe...
Spa La Cascade, inside Hotel Parigi 2, just minutes from Bergamo, offers a modern and well equipped ...
Discover the remarkable wine region of Franciacorta, with its vineyards and its stunning scenery.You...