Empire State Building Observatory standard or skip-the-line tickets
- Choose from standard or skip-the-line tickets
- Visit the observatory on the 86th-floor
- Use the high-powered binoculars for spectacular close-up views
- Enjoy panoramic views of up to six states from the surrounding open-air promenade
The World’s Most Famous Building is a must-see for its Observatory’s spectacular indoor and outdoor 360-degree views from the heart of Manhattan. Be transported while immersed in the rich history as you journey through this Art Deco masterpiece including the landmarked Fifth Avenue lobby and murals. Along with a gift shop filled with exclusive items, there are eight in-building dining options including the contemporary cuisine of STATE Grill and Bar and Tacombi, an authentic taqueria. Located at the center of it all, the Empire State Building is an easy walk from Times Square and just steps to Macy’s, Madison Square Garden and Penn Station.
In the new entrance, guests are immediately treated to more space, organized flow and hints of what will come from the next phases of the redevelopment, from digital hosts to a new lighting ceremony installation. Guests will ascend a grand staircase which splits around a two-story architectural model of ESB. New electronic, self-service ticket kiosks simplify the presentation of guests' choices of the myriad of options for their visit.
Don't forget to stop and explore the new, 2nd-floor exhibits on the way to the 86th-floor Observatory! Travel back in time and witness the evolution of the Empire State Building with interactive and immersive exhibits, from the days of construction in the 1920s to cementing its place in the pop culture of today. View the Empire State Building's original floor plans, understand how the building became a leader in sustainability, learn about the tenants who work on the hidden floors and watch highlights of the building's starring role in films since the 1930s.
- Visit to the Observatory on the 86th floor
- Free Multimedia App available for download from the App Store or Google Play
- Children (0-5): free for both ticket types
- Children (6-12): reduced price for standard ticket
Empire State Building Observatory - 20 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10118
- Skip-the-line tickets allow guests to skip all lines and go straight to the Observatory
- You'll receive your tickets instantly after purchase
- Peak times are from 11.00am to 1.00pm as well as one hour before and after sunset. If you wish to avoid long lines, it is recommended to avoid visiting at these times
- Cancellations are allowed up to five days after purchase (please ignore text at bottom of page)
- No refunds will be given due to inclement weather
- There are no locker storage facilities for personal belongings
- All visitors will be subject to airport-style security screening. Below is a list of items which are not permitted. The list is not exhaustive, so if you are unsure about an item, you are asked not to bring it. Any questions and uncertainties should be referred to the Security Officers on duty
- All weapons are prohibited, including firearms, ammunition, knives, swords, scissors, mace, any dangerous items, and any dual-use items that could be dangerous
- Following items are prohibited: glass items, including bottles, glasses, marbles, alcoholic beverages, cans, bottles, flasks, professional cameras, equipment and camera stands: mono-pods, bipods, tripod, sports equipment such as skateboards, roller skates, golf clubs, baseball bats, hockey sticks, baseballs, footballs, tennis balls, costumes, masks, etc
- Do not bring musical or marking instruments, including spray paint and markers
- Large packages, suitcases, carry-on luggage and other such parcels are prohibited
- Last elevator to the top is at 1.15am
- Free WiFi is available
- Signage and app is available in nine languages
Daily, from 8.00am to 2.00am
The last elevator to the Observatory is at 1.15am
Special holiday hours may apply on:
- July 4
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
This walking tour will transform you into an expert on New York’s history and ardent admirer of its ...
Explore New York City on THE TOUR powered by THE RIDE, an exciting and unique twist on the tradition...
Christmas time in New York is magical, and on this film bus tour, you'll be able to relive your favo...
Experience a New York Sightseeing cruise like never before. Step aboard the 1920s inspired motor yac...
Come on board the America 2.0– a modern tribute to the first boat that won America's Cup in 1851. Al...
New York Pizza, Beer and History Tour Looking for what to do in NYC? Check out the best pizza and be...