Peshtera guided day-trip from Plovdiv
- Visit the town of Peshtera in the beautiful Rhodope mountains
- See its main attractions including the Peristera Fortress
- Discover the unusual rock formation in Snezhanka cave
The town of Peshtera, located only 35 km away from Plovdiv, has a few big factories and is known among Bulgarians for its shoe-making industry.
You will visit the Peristera Fortress, an ancient monument built around 4th century AD on the St. Petka hill. After that, you will continue to St Dimitar Church - the oldest temple in Peshtera. Your next stop is The Clock Tower (Sahata). Upon requests, you can also visit St. Petka Church which is very close to the tower.
Next, head out of the town to Snezhanka cave. Its name translates “Snow white”, because of the grained marble, cut by the Novomahlenska river more than 3 million years ago, thus creating this miracle of nature which cannot be found elsewhere. After a 30-minute walk up the scenic path, you will reach the cave.
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees
Ramada hotel, bul. "Tsar Boris III Obedinitel" 120, 4000 Tsentar, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
At the time of booking, please select a pick-up point between Ramada hotel and Plovdiv Airport.
- The temperature inside the cave is constantly at 9°C and the tour inside lasts around 45 minutes. Please dress accordingly
- Wearing comfortable walking shoes is advised
- Tour runs daily between 11.00am and 1.00pm
- You can request to start the tour at your preferred time
- After your booking confirmation, you need to contact the tour provider to confirm your starting time
The Old Town of Plovdiv is an architectural museum, offering a glimpse of what the city was like in ...
Begin the tour with the famous Old Town of Plovdiv. Continue down Stramna street, also known as the ...
Start your tour from Vasil Levski Museum, where you can admire artworks related to his life and lega...
Enjoy a fun-charged night at a traditional salsa club, where the local Salsa experts practice and sh...
Start the tour by visiting an artisan bakery where you will try banitsa, which is a pastry filled wi...
Go kayaking downstream in quick-flowing waters, feel the rush of adrenaline and enjoy the nature. Fe...