Borghese Gallery skip-the-line tickets and guided tour
- Visit one of the finest private collections of art in the world
- Admire the masterpieces of Bernini, Caravaggio and Raphael
- Marvel at splendid marble sculptures including Apollo and Daphne and David
- See some of history's greatest paintings including Raphael's The Deposition
When it comes to art museums, the Villa Borghese is in a league of its own. In 2 hours, you will wander the Villa’s 20 rooms and marvel at peerless masterpieces in each one. Nowhere else is so much beauty packed so elegantly into so little space. With crowds strictly controlled by the museum, you won’t have to strain to hear your expert guide tell the stories behind each work.
Imagine a palace that was specifically built to house amazing works of art. Its 20 rooms are treasure troves of visual splendor: every wall holds a masterpiece, every pedestal supports exquisitely carved marble, and even the ceilings sing with divine frescoes. Galleria Borghese is Rome’s most exclusive and intimate art museum. Built in the 17th century by Cardinal Scipione Borghese specifically to house his magnificent art collection, it was once only open to royals and visiting dignitaries.
See well-known works including Bernini’s Apollo and Daphne, Rape of Proserpina, and David; Caravaggio’s St. John the Baptist; and Canova’s Pauline Bonaparte; along with lesser-known gems like Raphael’s Lady with a Unicorn; and Bassano’s The Last Supper.
Your expert guide will bring an incredible passion to the proceedings and will inform you of all the backstories that lend each work depth and nuance. From the quirks of Cardinal Borghese to the heartbreaking story of the commissioning of Raphael’s The Deposition, this is a journey through art like none you have taken before.
- Bernini’s Rape of Proserpina
- Bernini’s Apollo and Daphne
- Bernini’s David
- Antonio Canova’s Pauline Bonaparte
- Caravaggio’s David and Goliath
- Caravaggio’s St. John The Baptist
- Raphael’s The Deposition
- Titian’s The Scourging of Christ
- And many more
- Pre-reserved, all-inclusive Borghese Gallery tickets
- Expert, English-speaking guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Headsets for groups over 6
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Viale dell'Uccelliera, 3, 00197 Roma RM, Italy
Directly in front of the Galleria Borghese's double staircase, in the little piazza
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- The Borghese museum does not allow any bags, purses into the galleries. All such items must be checked before entering the museum, which your guide will help you with upon arrival.
- Please note that the second floor of the Borghese Gallery is not wheelchair accessible. As a result we are unable to accommodate wheelchair users or guests with reduced mobility on this tour. Please contact our Customer Service team for details of our private tour options.
Meeting time: 2.30pm
Departure time: 2.45pm
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
This is the tour for people who want to see everything and get the total Vatican experience. With an...
Get past long lines at the Vatican Museums and spend more time exploring the world’s most incredible...
This Vatican highlights tour is designed to show you the very best of the Vatican Museums and give y...
Breeze past the long queues in St Peter’s square and go straight into the Vatican for a day of art a...
End your day in Rome at the Vatican Museums at night with an amazing tour and an exclusive dinner in...
Have you always wanted to visit the Vatican but you absolutely hate wasting time in long lines? Here...
Gain privileged access to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and Saint Peter’s Basilica in the com...
Explore Rome following the trail of Robert Langdon in Dan Brown's best-selling novel: Angels and Dem...
Great for food and wine lovers, this intimate dining experience hosted by an esteemed English-speaki...