Arctic Circle family day tour
- Experience the true Arctic feeling on a one-day adventure
- Enjoy a ride in a husky sledge and drive a snowmobile
- Try ice fishing and taste the delicious Arctic salmon
Experience a true arctic feeling by going on a one-day adventure through the Arctic Circle. Enjoy a ride through the Lappish forest on a snowmobile and a husky sledge and enjoy one of Lapland’s greatest delicacies: Arctic salmon.
Your adventure begins on the Siberian husky farm in the Arctic forest. You will enjoy a 6-kilometer ride through a picturesque forest. Afterwards, you will be taken to a frozen lake, where you will experience one of the most exhilarating activities Lapland has to offer: snowmobiling.
The tour continues with ice fishing on a serene and beautiful lake with a perfect view of Lapland’s nature. You will be fishing for Arctic char, rainbow trout, whitefish and Arctic sable. Your chances of catching a fish are high since they are easy to catch in this area.
Meanwhile, your guides will be creating a snow bonfire and prepare smoked salmon. Smoked salmon is an integral part of the Finnish cuisine, and you will learn how to create this savory delicacy.
- Pick-up from and drop-off to your hotel/accommodation
- Guide in English
- Winter clothes (overalls, boots, gloves and beanie)
- 5-7km husky ride
- Snowmobile Ride 25km
- Ice fishing equipment
- Meal with BBQ smoked salmon
You will be picked up from your hotel/accommodation in Rovaniemi. After your booking confirmation, the local tour provider will contact you to agree on the pick-up place and time.
- Twin driving means that the snowmobile is shared by 2 passengers. In case you want to drive the snowmobile alone, choose Adult /solo driving
- Minimum purchase: two adults
- Remember to take your driving license (or a photo copy) with you on the day of the trip
- 14 year old or younger kids will always be taken by sledge by the guides
- Tour operates daily from November to April
- Starting time is at 9.00am or 10.00am depending on the season
There are many ways to get out of the city and see auroras, but for the adventurous nothing compares...
Experience a traditional sauna heated with firewood, and then take a dip in the clear lake water, or...
Come along on this fantastic Northern Lights photo tour! The guides will make sure to find the best ...
Join in on this exotic ice fishing trip, where you, your family and friends will get to fish in a ve...
No one’s going to believe that you saw the elusive Ms. Aurora Borealis so why not prove them wrong b...
Visit Korouoma, a natural reserve known as the best ice climbing destination in Finland. An outdoor ...