Observe the northern lights in the middle of Finnish nature. Follow your guide on a snowshoeing trip to a secret place far away from light pollution. At the location you can sit down and enjoy some delicious traditional gingerbread cookies and warm blueberry juice served by your guide. Listen to him explaining how the beautiful aurora are formed and learn the ancient stories and tales about the dancing lights.
Day trips & excursions
Aurora hunt by snowshoes
Availability: Every day
Duration: 3 hours
Language: English , Italian , French , Spanish , German , Dutch , Chinese
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Observe the beautiful northern lights from a secret location
- Enjoy an adventurous snowshoeing walk while the aurora dance in the sky
- Try some delicious traditional gingerbread cookies and hot berry juice
- Learn about the aurora from your English-speaking expert guide
What to expect
- English-speaking tour guide
- Dutch, German, French, Italian, Spanish or Chinese speaking guide upon request
- Pick-up and drop-off for free from your hotel within a 16km radius of Rovaniemi city center
- Winter clothing (overalls, boots and gloves) and snowshoes
- Traditional Lappish gingerbread cookies and hot berry juice
What's not included
- Pick-up and drop-off your hotel outside a 16km radius of Rovaniemi city center available for an extra fee
- Infant (0-4 years): free
- Child (4-14 years): reduced
- Pick-up from Rovaniemi hotels only
Check HERE the full list of pick-up locations in Rovaniemi. Please keep in mind that If your hotel is not mentioned on the list and you still wish to arrange the pick-up you will have to pay an extra fee on site.
What to remember
- A minimum of 2 persons per tour is required for this tour to take place
- Children under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Please be ready 10-minutes before pick-up time
- Pick-up is available for free within a 16km radius of Rovaniemi, outside the radius pick-up is available for an extra fee.
- Daily at 8.00pm
- Tour available until 20 April 2020
Nordic Unique Travels
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.