Come and enjoy a husky safari in the Kivalo wilderness dreamland! You will be picked up from the hotel and head on to Tornio, where you will try on your arctic gear. The tour will then start the drive to Kivalo (1h), where you will meet the husky musher from the area who lives with her dogs. You will start the tour, lasting around 5-10 km depending on conditions. After a hot drink and a snack, you then move on to Kemi (30 mins) where you can visit the Snowcastle on your own (only available starting 19 January). Weather permitting, you will then have the most unusual walk of your life: on the surface of the frozen Baltic Sea. Here you learn about ice: how it forms, how much it is and how it can be used in various ways. You will then be driven you back to your hotel.
Husky and snow castle dreamland with a walk on the Frozen Sea
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience walking on the frozen Baltic Sea
- Enjoy a tour through the wild on a husky sleigh ride
- Pick-up and drop-off included for a hassle-free tour
- Boots and overalls
- Snacks and hot drinks
- Pick-up and drop-off
Children (6-11): reduced
IMPORTANT: Please confirm the pick-up time (and place) directly with the local operator at least 48 hours before the event. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking. The pick-up can be arranged for a radius of 30-40km distance from Rovaniemi.
- Good physical shape is required
- Suitable for children 6 and above
- Boots and overalls are provided. Please bring your own hat and gloves (mittens recommended)
- The tour departs at 10.00am