Once in Tornio, you will try on your artic gear and get ready to head off on an adventure. After a security brief, you climb on your snowmobile (2 people per vehicle, one driver and one passenger). You will then drive up the frozen river for around 20km (there will be a chance to stop midway in order to switch driver). Ending the ride at lunchtime in the old fisherman village of Kukkola, where ancient traditions continue in spite of technology. Here you learn how to make bread the old way. You will also be guided through the village, the fish museum, the old sawmill, the water mill, and some old houses dating back to the 1800s. After a coffee break at the local restaurant, you will be driven back to your hotel.
Snowmobile tour to an ancient fishing village
- Enjoy a thrilling ride through the forest and over the frozen river
- Explore an old fisherman village where ancient traditions continue
- Learn how to make bread the way they did before technology
- Boots and overalls
- Snacks and hot drinks
- Pick-up and drop-off
Children (6-11): reduced
IMPORTANT: Please confirm the pick-up time (and place) directly with the local operator at least 48 hours before the event. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking. The pick-up can be arranged for a radius of 30-40km distance from Rovaniemi.
- Good physical shape is required
- Suitable for children 6 and above
- Boots and overalls are provided. Please bring your own hat and gloves (mittens recommended)
- The tour departs at 10.00am