Best of Salzburg city and countryside day tour
- See the most famous sights of Salzburg in one hour
- View the impressive lakes region of Salzburg
- Enjoy a boat ride across Wolfgang lake
- Journey past the picturesque Krottensee and Castle of Hüttenstein
Experience Salzburg city tour and a journey to the impressive lakes and mountains region on a five hour tour – a perfect combination of history and stunning landscapes.
Part 1 Salzburg city tour:
Explore the city by bus with famous sights beginning at the Mirabell Palace. Travel to see the Mozarteum (University of Music), Marionette Theatre and Church of the Holy Trinity before experiencing a short break outside of Hellbrunn Palace. Finally you will admire the Palace of Frohnburg, Nonnberg Abbey, Siegmund‘s Gate, Festival Halls, Horse Bath, Getreidegasse and Blasius Church where your tour will end in Mozartplatz.
Part 2 Lakes and mountains:
Be enchanted by the “Land of Music," travelling through Hof and Fuschl in the Lakes region. Explore the grounds of St. Gilgen (the birthplace of Mozart’s mother) during a brief stop, before continuing to the nearby village of St. Wolfgang.
Here you will discover the beauty of this town, plus see a local church with its famous and unique 15th century raised altar by Michael Pacher. See the Weiße Rössl Hotel, the well-known setting for the famous operetta “Im Weißen Rössl” by Wolfgang and enjoy picturesque scenes during the return trip as you pass by Lake Krottensee, Hüttenstein Castle and the shoreline of Lake Mondsee.
From May to October you will also experience a boat ride across Lake Wolfgang.
- Boat cruise on Lake Wolfgang (May to October)
- Bus tour
- Live tour guide speakin in English and German
- Gratuities (optional)
- Infants aged (0-3): Free
- Children aged (4-12): Reduced
Mirabellplatz 2, 5020 Salzburg
Meet your tour at Mirabellplatz 2, next to Mirabell Gardens and Mozarteum University.
- Boat ride across Lake Wolfgang is only available from May to October
- Daily from 1 April to 27 October at 12.45pm
- Tour will begin with the Salzburg city tour at 12.45pm
- Followed by the Lakes and mountains tour at 1.45pm
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the tours start time
On this trip you will be picked up in the city of Salzburg with a glass roof panorama van (maximum 8...
For more than ten years, the Salzburg Foundation financed the creation of a high-profile sculpture p...
If it gets hectic in the city of Salzburg, treat yourself with a trip to the medieval city of Hallei...
Be enchanted by the “Land of Music," travelling through Hof and Fuschl in the Lakes region. Explore ...
See all the important sights of Salzburg on a round trip tour of the city. Comfortable buses allow y...
Tour Highlights - Salzburgs History and Traditions - Salzburg Museum: Silent Night Exhibition - Salz...