Visit top attractions along San Francisco's famed waterfront: Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 with this special walking tour. You'll also get to visit and experience the notorious Alcatraz prision firsthand for yourself!
During this 60-minute walking tour, you'll learn about the rich history of San Francisco with a highly-rated guides, all while taking in amazing views. You'll visit iconic landmarks and hear incredible stories about the gold rush, the cable car system, earthquakes, and much more.
- Start on the north end of Fisherman’s Wharf. As you enjoy those beautiful bayside views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz, you’ll hear how San Francisco grew with the Gold Rush boom, cable cars, and even earthquakes to become the global metropolis it is today
- Walk with your guide along the waterfront where food stalls selling regional specialties like crab and clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls line the path. You'll walk a section of the Barbary Coast trail and learn about its unsavory past
- Over at Pier 39, you can hang with the sea lions, admire the historic ships, and get to know the lively entertainment district
- Afterward, you’re ready for your cruise to Alcatraz Island. Your guide will show you where to find the boat. There are great views of the skyline on the ride over, so be sure to bring your camera
- Once you’re there, enjoy your self-guided tour of the island, including the notorious prison. There’s WiFi on the island so you can access the audio guide on your smartphone
- Then you’ll return to Fisherman’s Wharf — a perfect day by the bay