Rocamadour visit half-day shared tour
- Visit the incredible Village Of Rocamadour, a breathtaking medieval village overlooking the Alzou Canyon, a miracle of balance.
- Spend a wonderful afternoon exploring one of the most beautiful villages of France
- Discover the Notre Dame Chapel and its famous black Madonna
Depart for the pilgrimage and fortress village of Rocamadour that attracts visitors for its setting in a gorge above a tributary of the River Dordogne.
The village is renowned for its historical monuments and its sanctuary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which for centuries has brought pilgrims from every country, among them kings, bishops, and nobles.
Follow your guide and visit the renowned Notre Dame Chapel, part of an extraordinary 13th-century chapel complex perched on a cliff and one of the most dramatic pilgrimage sites in Europe.
Enjoy some free time for personal discovery and return to Sarlat.
- Guided walking tour of Rocamadour
- English speaking driver guide
- Travel in recent, comfortable & fully equipped minivan
- Bottle of water in the minivan
- Free Wifi access on board
- Personal insurance & expenses
- Entrance fees to monuments or attractions unless mentioned in the program
- Hotel pickup
- Children from 4 to 12 years are reduced
Place Pasteur - 24200 Sarlat
- You will meet your guide in front of Bus Stop, Place Pasteur in Sarlat
- Please be sure to be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the departure
- Maximum 8 persons per tour
- Tour requires minimum of 2 passengers (adults) to operate. In case minimum numbers are not reached we will offer to reschedule or refund your tour
- Good walking shoes recommended, there are stairs and cobblestone streets
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Tours not suitable for infants under 4
- Departure at 9.00am
- Every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday
- From April 1st to October 31st 2019
- This tour is not available in August.
Spend your day enjoying two of the most important Parisian sights, Sainte Chapelle and the Louvre Mu...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Welcome to Sarlat, one of the most fascinating small towns of France and a mecca of french gastronom...
Drive to the beautiful village of Domme. With its trapezoid city plan, Domme is a bastide, or a fort...
Discover brand-new Lascaux IV International Center of Parietal Art. The museum is a triumph of techn...
Some 15,000 years B.C. unknown artists created breathtaking cave paintings of which the most extraor...