A day-long trek to the Seven Rila Lakes
- Hike through the picturesque Rila Mountains
- Enjoy the fresh mountain air and beautiful scenery
- Admire the famous Seven Rila Lakes
A 1-day guided mountain trek in Bulgaria’s Rila Mountain that takes you through breathtaking mountain landscapes to the world-famous Seven Rila Lakes.
You start the morning with a short ride on the chairlift to the area of the world-famous Seven Rila Lakes. If the lift is closed, You'll drive there by jeep. From the upper lift station, you’ll start down a moderately steep path to the nearest of the Seven Rila Lakes – the Kidney. After that are the Eye and the Tear. You’ll spend our entire trek surrounded by beautiful scenery on all sides. You’ll climb to the Razdela saddle and to the nearby Vazov/Damga peak (2670 m), where you’ll enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of Urdini Lakes and the deep valley in which they are situated. You’ll go around the valley via the mountain ridge southward and then eastward. You’ll go on a short descent to Zeleni Kamak (Green Rock), from where you’ll descend once again to the deep cirque of the Panitsite and along the upper-situated lake (from which springs the longest river in Bulgaria – Iskar). Down the slopes of this cirque, you’ll descend to the lower-situated lakes in the group of the Seven Rila Lakes. What follows is a descent through old pine forests towards the car that will transfer you to Sofia.
- A professional mountain guide
- A map of Rila Mountain
- The lift (10 € per person), which is open on weekends
- Jeep transfers if the lift is closed (30 € for the whole group)
pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski" 4, 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
At the time of booking, please select a pick-up point between Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and Sofia Airport.
- Trekkers need standard mountain trekking equipment, comfortable shoes and warm, water-proof clothing
- It takes 1h 30 min to get from Sofia or from Plovdiv to Rila (a total of 3 hours in both directions)
- 20 minutes to reach the starting point of the trail by lift (a total of 40 minutes in both directions)
- Waiting time to get on the chair lift might be 20 minutes or longer
- Trekking time: 4 hours
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 9.00am
Take a Pokemon-walking tour of Sofia as your expert Pokemon guide shows you all the Pokemon Shops an...
Sofia’s nice sized city center can easily be visited on foot, but it is a lot more interesting and f...
Save time and book your entrance tickets in advance to the National Museum of Military History. Upon...
Take a full-day trek to the Rila Mountains to leasurely walk among the nature of it's Seven Rila Lak...
Mousala is the highest peak (at 2925 m) not only in Rila Mountains, but on the whole Balkan Peninsul...
The first festival took place more than 100 years ago, in 1903. Today the Rose Festival is an intern...