Canberra – Australia’s Capital City
- Enjoy the beautiful panoramic views of Canberra from Mt. Ainslie
- Visit the Australian War Memorial and National Museum or the National Art Gallery.
- Explore the Parliament House through a private guided walk
Enjoy this comprehensive full-day tour of the Australian Capital, home to many important landmarks and historic buildings. Take in all the highlights of Canberra and gain insight into the history of modern Australia!
The tour starts around 7.30 am from Sydney, with a morning break at Suttons Forest. On arrival into Canberra, you'll travel to the summit of Mt Ainslie for spectacular views of Canberra and surrounds. You'll then arrive at the Australian War Memorial in time for a lunch break (self-planned), before joining a guided tour of the War Memorial which combines a shrine, a world-class museum and an extensive archive. Hear the history of the ANZAC’s as you travel along the boulevard dedicated to the participants of two World Wars.
Next you'll travel to the National Museum of Australia where you will join a private guided tour and learn about Australia’s history from European arrival to present day. Arrive at Parliament House for a private guided tour of the building and gain an insight into the workings of the capital of Australia with the opportunity to view the upper or lower Houses of Parliament (when in session). See the Lodge, the Australian Prime Minister’s residence and travel the pretty tree-lined streets and view diplomatic homes and embassies of many foreign ambassadors, reflecting their fascinating cultures and architecture. See Captain Cook Memorial Fountain, the National Library and the High-Court, view the Carillons, a beautiful bell tower and the gardens of Commonwealth Park.
At the end of the dat, you'll return to Sydney with a dinner break at Goulburn (self-planned).
- Guided tour of Parliament House
- Guided tour of Australian War Memorial
- Visit National Gallery of Australia OR National Museum of Australia
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- Meals (lunch, dinner)
- Children 2 to 15 years of age are entitled to the child price on day tours. Infants up to and including 1 year old are free of charge.
Hotel pick-up is available from most centrally located hotels. Guests need to contact the AAT King reservations team at +61 2 9028 5183 no later than 24 hours before tour to confirm pick-up location and time.
- Australian Senior Card Holders, Australian and New Zealand Pensioners & full time Australian Students can travel on concessional prices where applicable. Please have your card with you.
- Canberra can be chilly in winter, so be sure to bring a warm jacket, camera, sunscreen & water bottle.
- Stops will be made along the way to purchase meals, so don’t forget to bring some extra spending money.
- Cancellation policy:
- 24 hours or more days' notice: no cancellation fees apply
- Within 24 hours' notice: 50% cancellation fees apply
- Day of departure: full cancellation fees apply
- Departing every Monday and Friday at 7.40am. Hotel pick-ups commence prior to this time - upon purchase, you will receive information about pick-up options.
Sydney is one of the world's great gay and lesbian cities — with plenty of stories waiting for you t...
These relaxed concerts take place on summer afternoons as the sun sets across Sydney Harbour, and la...
This food and drink tour of Sydney will give you a taste of what the city has to offer: over the cou...
See the best of Sydney during the day. You'll explore the historical and mysterious neighbourhood of...
Wind your way through the back alleyways, up the steps and back in time to uncover the stories and p...
The Sydney attraction combo pass allows you to access the most famous attractions in Sydney. You may...