Guided Teide observatory tour
- Guided visit of the Teide Observatory during the day
- Participate in an astrophysics workshop
- Observe sunspots and solar flares through two telescopes
Visit the Teide Observatory, the largest observatory in the world, perched atop the highest point in Spain. This observatory began to operating in 1964 and focuses on solar observations and robotic astronomy and is home to many solar and nocturnal telescopes, owned by different European countries. With your Teide observatory tour guide, you will spend one and a half hours exploring the grounds and learning about the Canary Islands Institute of Astrophysics, also known as IAC. You will also be able to participate in an astrophysics workshop, held in the Teide Observatory visitors center and observe sunspots and solar flares through two solar telescopes. Following your tour you are free to explore the terrain surrounding the observatory.
- Guided day visit of the Observatory
- Cable car tickets
- Children (ages 3-13)
C/ Vía Láctea, S/N, 38200 La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Bring warm clothing and proper footwear and protect yourself from sunstroke
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses
- Take plenty of water on hikes
- No littering, taking rocks, plants or animals is permitted in National Parks
- People with heart problems and pregnant women are not allowed to ascend by cable car due to the high altitude
- The facilities at Teide Cable Car are not adapted to those with physical disabilities
Tours operate on different days of the week and times depending on language:
- English - Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2.30pm. Wednesdays at 12.00pm
- Spanish - Mondays to Saturdays at 12.00pm
- Italian - Saturdays at 11.00am
- German - Mondays and Thursdays at 5.00pm. Tuesdays at 12.00pm. Wednesdays and Fridays at 2.30p
You ascend to the National Park of Las Cañadas del Teide, the oldest national park of the Canary Isl...
Rising to the National Park of Las Cañadas del Teide ( the oldest national parks of the Canary Islan...
This is an amazing chance to visit the unforgettable National Park of Mount Teide, a World Heritage ...
Loro Parque is a world-famous animal adventure park in the Canaries guaranteed to please a wide rang...
Let us take you to the top of the world at night (or at least that’s what it feels like) to go to th...
Siam Park is the largest water park in Europe and one of the major in the world. Located in the sout...