Vienna, City of Many Pasts: guided city tour with a friendly historian
Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
Duration: up to 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Discover the Baroque Hofburg, the Habsburg’s imperial palace while taking in the modernist Loos House standing opposite, a perfect place to start exploring the eternal Viennese clash between tradition and innovation.
- Continue through narrow streets reminiscent of the old Vienna, passing places known by Mozart, Sigmund Freud, and Prince Eugene of Savoy.
- Take in the grand Vienna Opera House and Ringstraße, the imperial boulevard, which celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2015, while discussing the 19th-century rise of Vienna’s commercial and intellectual classes.
- Pass by the Viennese Naschmarkt (literally nibble market), the lively outdoor market where locals meet, shop, and partake!
- At the unique Secession building, learn of the city’s turn-of-century avant-gardism, including figures like Klimt and Mahler.
- Weave through the MuseumsQuartier, home to Vienna’s world-class concentration of museums, while discussing the present-day cultural and political orientations of Austria and its capital.
What to expect
- 3-hour guided walk
- Historian as live guide
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience