Travel to an Old West town and explore the streets of infamous Tombstone, the home of the OK Corral. Experience the lives of outlaws, businessmen, miners, and cattlemen who flocked to the area for a chance to strike it rich on the frontier. While you're in Tombstone, pay a visit to the original gathering spots for outlaws and gunmen, like Big Nose Kate's Saloon and the Bird Cage Theatre, which earned a reputation as the most wicked nightspot between Basin Street and the Barbary Coast. When you step into the museum at the Tombstone Courthouse, learn about the men who were in charge of keeping the peace in this rowdy town. In true Wild West fashion, gunfights and stand-offs were a regular occurrence, and many of their victims were buried at Boot Hill Cemetery. Visit the White Dove of the Desert; one of the Southwest's best-preserved missions at San Xavier del Bac. The San Xavier Mission founded in 1692 is still in operation and lets guests marvel at the gorgeous craftsmanship showcasing Spanish and Native American influences. Original frescoes and statuary are on display within the mission for guests to appreciate.
Excursions & day trips
Private day tour to Tombstone, Spanish Mission, Courthouse & Boot Hill Cemetery
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 12 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Experience the former home of outlaws, businessmen and miners
- Visit sites of historic Old West gunfights
- Browse the museum at Tombstone Courthouse
- See historic Big Nose Kate's Saloon and Bird Cage Theatre
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour of Tombstone and the old Spanish Mission, San Xavier del Bac
- Admission to Tombstone Courthouse
- Unlimited bottled water
- Roundtrip transportation to and from most central Phoenix and Scottsdale hotels
- Live tour commentary provided in English
What's not included
- Tips (optional)
All pick-up and drop off locations and times are estimates only and are subject to reasonable change at short notice. Guests with a reservation will receive notification of their precise pick-up time and location between 4.00pm-6.00pm the evening prior to tour departure. Guests will be notified of weather conditions and other suggestions at this time. DETOURS offers door-to-door hotel pickup and drop off service to most hotels in the Phoenix and Scottsdale area.
What to remember
- Weather appropriate clothing, camera, sunscreen, snacks, government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Guests must provide child safety seats for children under 8 years and 4’9” or shorter (Arizona law). DETOURS can provide child seats for a 10 USD fee
DETOURS of Arizona
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience