Go on a 1-hour walk with a local guide to see the main attractions of Berlin's historic center. Learn interesting historical facts and amusing anecdotes, laced with the traditional humor of the people of Berlin.
Set off from the Brandenburg Gate and stroll down the famous Unter den Linden, named after the linden trees that line the grassed pedestrian mall and broad carriageways on each side. Stop outside the Prussian State Library and Humboldt University, considered one of the finest in Europe and where Marx and Einstein once studied. Enter the Bebelplatz and see the State Opera building and dome of St. Hedwig's Cathedral.
Then, go to the former winter residence of the German Emperors and enjoy a stunning view of Alexanderplatz and the Fernsehturm (TV Tower) from Berlin Palace.
The stops on the Tour of the Historic Center are:
- Reichstag + Chancellery
- Brandenburg Gate + messages + Adlon
- Holocaust Memorial + + Tiergarten Victory Column
- Potsdamer Platz Sony Center +
- Federal + wall + Nazibauten at Wilhelmstrasse
- Checkpoint Charly
- Gendarmenmarkt incl. German and French Cathedral and Concert House
- Bebelplatz incl. Hotel de Rome, St. Hedwig's Kathetrahle, opera and Humboldt University
- The Prussian magnificent buildings along the boulevard "Unter den Linden"
- Television Tower + City Palace + Berlin Cathedral Museum Island + + Nikolauviertel, the cradle of Berlin.