Rooftop terraces of the Duomo Cathedral: priority access tour
- Enjoy a tour of the most iconic monuments with your guide
- A unique experience: walk on the roof of the church
- Personalized suggestions for your stay in the city
- Take in the stunning view of Milan from the top of the Duomo
The Duomo is one of the most important symbols of Milan. It is the third largest Catholic Cathedral in the world and is found in the very center of the city. The Duomo of Milan is one of the most unique churches on the European continent. It is 157 meters long and 40,000 people can comfortably fit inside of it.
The Tour will start in front of the main central door of the Cathedral, where you will meet our licensed English speaking tour guide who will give you an entertaining introduction to the monument. Then, you will use the elevator to head up the steepest part of the Cathedral stairs to reach the first terrace, saving you 200 steps!
The roof consists of a system of sloping and accessible terraces with connecting walkways and stairs. This lets you reach and almost touch all the flying buttresses, crockets, spires and statues..
Walking through them you will see the breathtaking skyline of Milan, and your guide will point out all the buildings that you can admire from the top (the dome of the Vittorio Emanuele II Gallery, the San Siro Stadium, the Martini’s Terrace, the new modern district of Milan, and more, witnessing the life of the city in constant movement and evolution.
- Legally licensed English speaking Tour Guide
- Smaller groups: interact with your own Guide
- No queues: skip-the-line and access guaranteed Duomo Rooftops, confortable and fast elevator for the most steep stretch to the top
- Personal audio headsets provided (if more than 6 people)
- What to do in Milan: tips and suggestions for your stay in the city
Duomo di Milano, 20122 Milano MI, Italy
Piazza del Duomo n.4 (under the arches next to Benetton Store)
- During hot days wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun
- On the terraces of the Cathedral there are no toilet facilities or shops; bring water
- In the rare case of excessively bad weather, the terrace may be closed for safety reasons; in this case your ticket will be refunded
- The elevator has a maximum capacity of 7 pax, so you might have to wait few minutes before climbing up. However the lift is always guaranteed
- The staircase to reach the highest terrace is particularly narrow and made of smooth marble; use comfortable shoes, preferably with a rubber sole
- Dress Code: when you enter a Christian church make sure you have shoulders and legs covered
- The crypt is not accessible to people with disabilities
- Please make sure to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour
- Everyday at 10:30 am and 3:30 pm
Have a memorable experience walking inside the Duomo cathedral, one of the most iconic buildings amo...
Enjoy an exclusive tour in the heart of Milan with a guided visit of the La Scala Museum and Theatre...
The Bernina Express is Europe’s highest alpine railway and follows one of the world’s most spectacul...
Experience Milan’s historical highlights with an expert local guide as you take a three-hour walking...
A forgotten story ties Leonardo da Vinci to the city of Milan: the story of a vineyard. In 1498, Lud...
The Milan Pass is a new exclusive opportunity for visitors: a 48-hour city card that offers the best...
Choose this 2-hour walking tour and dive into the unexpected Renaissance side of Milan. Start with t...
The Navigli canals are a magical place, where time seems to have stopped! Treat yourself to a guided...
Il cielo e le stelle affascinano da sempre gli artisti che riescono a rappresentarli con modalità se...
Un mediatore culturale ti accompagnerà alla scoperta della mostra “....the Illuminating Gas” di Ceri...