French Quarter carriage tour in New Orleans
- Hear all about the fascinating history, gorgeous architecture and rich culture of the French Quarter
- Experience an unforgettable, intimate mule-drawn carriage ride
- Visit Saint Louis Cemetery OR the lively neighborhood of Faubourg Marigny
An authentic carriage tour in New Orleans is the perfect way to get acquainted with and experience the real heart of the city. Guided by a local and licensed professional, the carriage tour will introduce you to the interesting history, culture and architecture of the French Quarter at a leisurely pace. Certain tours offered in the early morning and afternoon even include an additional visit to Saint Louis Cemetery. You'll visit the tomb of Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau, the Italian Benevolent Society Tomb, pyramid owned by Nicolas Cage and more!
If you book a tour at either 5.00pm or 6.00pm, you'll get the chance to explore a Creole neighborhood known as the Faubourg Marigny. This historic, offbeat district is home to many Creole museums, colorful cottages, shotgun homes and the famous, jazz-filled Frenchmen Street.
- Experienced, licensed tour guide
- Hotel pick-up or drop-off services
Jackson Square (located 700 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70116)
- The tour will begin and end at Jackson Square
- One-hour tours at 9.00am, 10.00pm, 11.00am, 12.00pm, 1.00pm and 2.00pm include visit to Saint Louis No. 1 Cemetery
- One-hour tours at 5.00pm and 6.00pm include visit to Faubourg Marigny
- Tours operate in rain or shine. All carriages have tops, and customers are encouraged to dress appropriately for the weather. However, tours will be cancelled in extreme weather. Examples of extreme weather include thunderstorms, lightning storms, hail, temperatures exceeding 95 degrees or freezing temperatures below 32 degrees. Reservations cancelled due to weather are given the option to rebook or receive a full refund
- Carriages are driven by large draft mules, and hold 6-8 passengers
- Tour provider does not provide hotel pick-up or drop-off services
- Tickets are non-refundable, except for in case of extreme weather
- There are no refunds or reschedules for missed tour appointments (missed tour appointment is five minutes past scheduled time)
- Both 30-minute and 1-hour tours are offered daily from 9.00am through 6.30pm
Take an eye-opening look into American history and visit 2 out of 3 prominent plantation homes along...
Experience the timeless beauty of South Louisiana in a custom built swamp boat. Native guides will r...
Enjoy a 5-hour tour combining a visit to a River Road plantation and a cruise through the swamps of ...
On the grounds of Oak Alley, enjoy a sumptuous Plantation Country Brunch featuring Crawfish Etouffee...
The City of New Orleans Riverboat will carry you in style down the Mississippi past the site of the ...
Explore New Orleans on a fantastic hop-on hop-off bus tour, with a 1 or 3-day pass. The unlimited na...