Hallstatt day trip from Vienna
- Walk through 7000-year-old Hallstatt
- Learn about the town, its salt deposits and collection of hand-painted skulls
- Ride the funicular Salzbergbahn up to the “Skywalk” platform
- Admire impressive view of the Salzkammergu lake region
Join a tour to Salzkammergut, known for its crystal-clear lakes and majestic mountains and take a walk through 7000-year-old Hallstatt.
This tour will take you to Salzkammergut, a region known for its scenic lakes and mountains. First stop in Gmunden, where the well-known Orth castle is located on a small island in Traunsee. Continue on the bus until you reach Hallstatt, the World Heritage town with its idyllic location next to Hallstätter. Learn more about the town’s development on a 40 minute walking tour. Hear about its salt deposits and the unique collection of hand-painted skulls, which you can see during a visit to the ossuary.
The tour continues with a boat ride, after which you have some free time (approx. 90 minutes) to spend independently. Then another highlight awaits you: The ride with the funicular Salzbergbahn up to the “Skywalk” platform, from where you can enjoy an impressive view of the lake and town.
- Bus tour to Salzkammergut
- Guided city walk through Hallstatt (40 min)
- Admission to the Hallstatt ossuary
- 20 minutes boat trip on Hallstätter See
- Ride on the funicular
- Food and Drinks
- Children aged (3-6 years): reduced
- Infants aged (0-2 years): free
opernring 2, 1010 vienna
Meet your tour in front of the Vienna State Opera house.
- Available in German, English
- Show your printed or mobile voucher upon boarding the bus
- Your ID is required with your voucher, bring your passport
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 7.15am
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to bus departure time
The three-hour flat terrain bike ride takes you to the most famous sights surrounding the Old Town. ...
The Wachau Valley — Austria’s most famous wine region along the Danube River — is just an hour away ...
From the fabled State Opera to the elegant Museum of Art History and the lively Schwedenplatz Square...
This day trip starts at 8.30 am in Vienna, from where a modern bus takes you to Bratislava. After an...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...
Become a chocolatier for a day! Learn how chocolate is made from bean to bar, what different types o...