Wachau Winery Bike Tour
- Visit the picturesque town of Durnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Wine tastings in traditional and local family-owned taverns
- Bike along the most beautiful stretch of the Danube River
- See the former prison of King Richard the Lionheart
- Discover century-old terraced vineyards
The Wachau Valley — Austria’s most famous wine region along the Danube River — is just an hour away from Vienna. On this day trip from Vienna, you catch the train to Krems and then start the bike ride on flat paths surrounded by terraced vineyards. After lunch, you spend the afternoon learning about Austria’s wine and history while meeting new friends. Along the way you'll visit charming Austrian villages before arriving back in Krems and returning to Vienna by train at the end of the day. It’s a day you will remember long after your travels end.
- Meeting point at the office
- Travel together to Krems by train *Bike from Krems to Dürnstein
- 1st wine tasting in Dürnstein
- Climb the ancient medieval Ruins of Dürnstein Castle
- Lunch at a local traditional restaurant (optional)
- Ride to Weissenkirchen
- 2nd wine tasting at a local family-owned wine tavern
- Bike back to Krems (possible 3rd wine tasting time)
- Travel back to Vienna by train
- Expert Guide
- Transport by train to and from the Wachau
- Bike Rental
- Two wine tastings
- Lunch and drinks at lunch
Child (2-12 years): reduced
Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Vienna
Meet your guide at the Vienna Explorer Office, Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Vienna.
Arriving by Metro U2 or U4 Schottenring station, take exit "Schottenring" or "Salztorbrücke"
- This is a shared group tour of maximum 18 participants per group
- The total distance of the ride is 25 kilometeres
- Tour operates under all weather conditions
- From April to October: Every day at at 9.30am
For those who want to explore Vienna, the red Vienna City Card is a great way to spend less on every...
With free entry to over 60 top attractions in Vienna, it's impossible not to save money. Choose betw...
This all-day trip starts in Vienna and takes you to the beautiful Danube Valley: In the Wachau regio...
Explore a seldom-visited Vienna on this 3-hour walking tour. In 1919 the socialists gained an absolu...
You are looking for a a comfortable way to visit some of the most important attractions in Vienna sa...
This day trip starts at 8.30 am in Vienna, from where a modern bus takes you to Bratislava. After an...
The Belvedere is one of the most important and beautiful Imperial complexes in Europe. The Belvedere...
The German name for Vienna is Wien. Rearrange that and you get wine. Need I go on? If so, then consi...
The bus ride to the city of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart takes you through the beautiful countryside of t...
Salon orchestra "Alt Wien", one of the best known interpreters of Viennese classical music, performs...