Rio in a day: city tour with Sugarloaf, Corcovado Mountain with Christ Redeemer
- See all the top attractions of Rio in one day
- Stop in front of the world-famous Maracanã Stadium
- Learn about the history of Rio de Janeiro and Brazil itself, from its discovery all the way to modern days
- Choose the inclusive option with lunch, cable car and train for breathtaking views
Rio de Janeiro is a giant metropolis with many beautiful landmarks that you won't want to miss. But it can also be overwhelming, busy and crowded. This tour offers to take you to most famous sights in Rio de Janeiro by bus in a one day tour. No fuss, no muss, everything is taken care of, from pick-up at your hotel in the morning to the lunch and the rides up and down the surrounding mountains.
During this tour you will:
- start the bus tour in the morning with views of Ipaneman and Copacabana beaches
- pass through the historic Laranjeiras neighborhood, see the Guanabara Palace and along the charming Botafogo's shore
- see the Sambodrome on your panoramic bus tour of downtown Rio with a professional guide
- get off the bus to visit the Metropolitan Cathedral and take some pictures of downtown Rio
- get back on the bus and see Cinelândia Square, its historical buildings, the Municipal Theater, the National Library and the National Museum of Fine Arts
- ride the iconic cable cars up to Sugarloaf on the Corcovado Mountain, stopping at Urca Hill and its vantage point overlooking Guanabara Bay and the Rio-Niteroi bridge
- finish your ascent to the top of Sugarloaf, enjoying gorgeous views of the Copacabana beach and the impressive Christ Redeemer statue overlooking the city
- enjoy lunch at a barbecue house before you head over to the base of Corcovado Mountain via the Cosme Vehlo Train
- ride through the lush and dense Tijuca rainforest on a typical train and do some sightseeing around Urca before getting back on the bus
- learn more about the rich history of Rio, anecdotes about Sugarloaf, traditions about Rio and its inhabitants
- ... and more!
- Roundtrip transfer to most hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana
- Professional tour guide
- Live audio guide – available in 9 different languages
- Panoramic city tour by bus
- Internal visit to the Metropolitan Cathedral
- Tickets (optional): Sugar Loaf cable car ticket, Christ Redeemer train ticket and lunch
- Optional gratuities
- Infants 0-2 years old: free
- Children 3-12 years old: reduced
Pick-up is organised from your hotel in Rio. There are pick ups in hotels in the South Zone of the city and Barra da Tijuca. If you are staying in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema or Copacabana, please select the option South Zone hotels. If you are staying in Barra da Tijuca, please select the option Barra hotels.
- The specific departure time for this tour is subject to change. You will be notified of the departure time upon tour confirmation
- Roundtrip transfer is included from and to most hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana
- Please call to confirm your tour at least 72 hours prior to the activity time to organize your pick-up
- You will need to present your voucher on the day of the tour. You can choose to print it or to bring a mobile version of it on your smartphone or tablet
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a bottle of water
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat in case it’s hot
- This tour is available daily
- Pick-up starts at 8.00am
- This tour is not available on
- Feb 18 - 21
- Dec 24, 25 and 31
See some of Rio's most famous landmarks in 5 hours with this tour perfectly designed for those who h...
Get a full introduction to Rio de Janeiro with this 8-hour tour. Travel through the Tijuca Forest, s...
Rio de Janeiro is a giant metropolis with many beautiful natural sites to see and hike. But it can a...
Rio’s highest peak, Pico da Tijuca (1022m – 3353ft) is located in the middle of the Tijuca Forest, o...
The Gavea Rock hiking is one of the most startling and rewarding tours in Rio. The summit stands at ...
Visit Santa Teresa and the Selarón Steps with this afternoon walking guided tour.On this tour you wi...
There is no better way to get inside Rio’s Samba culture than this tour. Although the famous Carniva...
Rio de Janeiro can be overwhelming, crazy and busy. This is designed to show you a glimpse of the ma...
The Christ Redeemer statue, at the top of Corcovado Mountain (710m / 2330ft), is certainly Brazil’s ...
One of the Brazilian Passions: Soccer! Watch the biggest teams in Rio play and experience the excite...