The Rocks, Harbourside and King’s Cross Hop Sydney Tour
- Get away from the city centre and explore two of Sydney’s hottest neighbourhoods
- Discover the Rocks, Harbourside and King’s Cross Hop between three unique local pubs to taste local craft beer, fuelled by tantalising historical tales
- Explore the site of Sydney’s greatest unsolved mystery
- Visit the neighbourhoods in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Wind your way through the back alleyways, up the steps and back in time to uncover the stories and people who shaped this fledgeling colony. Hear all about Sydney’s oldest pubs, the first breweries, amazing convict tales, and a rebellion over the most precious drink of all… rum! As Australia’s first neighbourhood, the Rocks literally cut from the sandstone cliffs that rise above Sydney Harbour. On this Sydney walking tour, you'll learn about this neighbourhood’s history, starting with the convicts that were forced to settle here and their amazing tales of survival and entrepreneurship. Along the way, you'll make pit stops at some classic local pubs in the heart of the Rocks. You'll then explore the once seedy back alleyways, which today are very safe but still feature many great photo opportunities. After a drink at another historic pub, you'll delve deeper into some of the most unique and off-the-beaten-track parts of the Rocks as we visit an archaeological site like no other in Australia. After a 90 minute break during which you’ll have the opportunity to grab a bite to eat, you'll spend two hours immersed in the tumultuous history of Kings Cross, as you'll be guided through tales of fame and fortune, murder and drugs, and mysteries and romances. You'll visit a number of different spots important to the neighbourhood on this Sydney Kings Cross tour. Standing on the site of one of Sydney’s greatest unsolved mysteries, you'll hear of the days of the infamous razor gang and sly grog, of the deviants and bohemians, and how the charismatic Cross came to be. Traditionally home to Sydney’s artistic and bohemian lifestyles, the Cross began its life as the centre of sophisticated society before transforming through its host of passionate and deviant lifestyles. You'll grab a drink at a Kings Cross Bar and settle in for some more enthralling tales.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- One rum
- Two beers
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Children (6-11): reduced
- Infants (0-5): free
Circular Quay, Wharf 6, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Wharf 6, Circular Quay, Alfred Street, Sydney.
- Please present your voucher to your guide at the beginning of your tour. Save the email on your phone or tablet, or print a copy, as you will need to show this to join the trip.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for walking. Our tour runs in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately.
Every day at 2pm.
Sydney is one of the world's great gay and lesbian cities — with plenty of stories waiting for you t...
This food and drink tour of Sydney will give you a taste of what the city has to offer: over the cou...
See the best of Sydney during the day. You'll explore the historical and mysterious neighbourhood of...
Begin your morning in Newtown: explore this historical neighbourhood and discover its internationall...
Discover the World Heritage treasures of Blue Mountains National Park and the breathtaking natural w...
Discover Australia’s oldest wine producing region, the picturesque Hunter Valley! Travel over the Sy...